Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2024 5:30 pm  #1

Game Thread - St. Bonaventure University Bonnies (A10 Tourney)

3:30pm EDT tip on Saturday 3/16/2024 at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY

Betting line: Dukes are 1 point favorites; Over/Under 136½
Duquesne 16-16 Against the Spread: St. Bonaventure 16-16 ATS

NET Ranking:  Dukes 89; St. Bonaventure 82

Per KenPom (362 D-1 Teams):
Dukes #94 (22-11; 10-8 A10) vs St. Bonaventure #97 (20-12; 9-9 A10)
Game prediction: Dukes win by 1, 69-68 - Dukes with 51% probability of a win.
https://kenpom.com/gameprep.php?g=6084
Per Haslametrics:
Dukes #89 vs St. Bonaventure #94
Game prediction:  Dukes win by 1, 67.69-67.67
https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid1=381&tid2=4391&neut=1
Per BartTorvik:
Dukes #88 vs St. Bonaventure #101
Game prediction:  Dukes win by 1, 68-67 - Dukes with a 55% probability of a win.
https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Duquesne&year=2024
Duquesne Preview:  Duquesne Game Notes:  St. Bonaventure Game Notes:

Sports Reference College Basketball Team Pages:
Duquesne:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/duquesne/men/2024.html St. Bonaventure:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/St-Bonaventure/men/2024.html
Dukes KenPom Best Wins: Dayton (32); Bradley (64); UC Irvine (73); VCU (80); George Mason (96); St.Bonaventure-2 (97); Saint Joseph's (98); College of Charleston (100); Stony Brook (171); Cleveland St. (187)
Dukes KenPom Worst Losses: Fordham (188); Davidson (125); Santa Clara (110); Saint Joseph's (98); Loyola Chicago (91); UMass (93); Richmond (82); Princeton (56)
St. Bonaventure KenPom Best Wins: VCU-2  (80); Loyola Chicago-2 (91);  UMass-2 (93); St. Joseph’s (98); Oklahomas St. (114) ; Akron (117)
St. Bonaventure KenPom Worst Losses: Canisius (275); GW (202); Saint Louis (195); La Salle (193); Fordham (188); George Mason (96); Duquesne-2 (94); Richmond (82)

Shooting Percentage Offense/Defense (per KenPom)
Dukes 3 Point:  Offense 33.6%, 195 in D-1; Defense 32.3%, 78 in D-1
St. Bonaventure 3 Point:  Offense 37.0%, 25 in D-1; Defense 33.1%, 128 in D-1
Dukes 2 Point:  Offense 50.1%, 191 in D-1; Defense 48.2%, 81 in D-1
St. Bonaventure 2 Point:  Offense 50.8%, 159 in D-1; Defense 51.7%, 240 in D-1
Dukes FT:  Offense 71.3%, 224 in D-1; Defense 70.3%, 88 in D-1
St. Bonaventure FT:  Offense 77.5%, 20 in D-1; Defense 69.3%, 44 in D-1

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions (per KenPom)
St. Bonaventure Adj Offense Efficiency – 112.0; 92 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency – 98.8; 36 in D-1
St. Bonaventure Adj Defense Efficiency – 104.1; 130 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 107.4; 159 in D-1
St. Bonaventure Adj Tempo – 65.6; 287 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 66.5; 247 in D-1

Miscellaneous (per KenPom)
Experience - St. Bonaventure 3.62 yrs; 1 in D-1; Dukes 2.56 yrs; 45 in D-1
Average Height - St. Bonaventure 77.2"; 155 in D-1; Dukes 76.5"; 287 in D-1

3/15/2024 5:37 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure University Bonnies (A10 Tourney)

Stay loose, take the open shots, play defense, and we win. Go Dukes.

3/16/2024 8:32 am  #3

If you look at Bonnie’s worst losses, we are listed there!  I believe this will be a very difficult game in terms of rebounding with Tre out. Hopefully the guys don’t get too tight. The Bonnie’s usually play well in these games as Schmidt has been in these type of games often.

My same thoughts… first, it’s the players, not the referees. Second after the players are the coaches.  If we win then we should be there. If not, then it’s been a fun ride. However if we do lose, I don’t think we get into the NIT…too many teams from the A10 isn’t happening.

Joe Lunardi has VCU winning in the finals.
Good luck Dukes, play smart!  We know you will play hard.

3/16/2024 12:56 pm  #4

Going to tape game and watch it without knowing the outcome as I have to be out and about at game time. Not sure if I can do it though. Let's get it done and put Duquesne back on the map Sunday.

3/16/2024 2:24 pm  #5

Fousseyni starting in place of Tre.

Last edited by MikeR (3/16/2024 2:26 pm)

3/16/2024 4:28 pm  #6

Got to love the way this team counter punches.

3/16/2024 4:42 pm  #7

To exhale felt great.  Huge 3 by DiMichele.  Grant was out of this world today.   Necas finished it off in style.   

Tomorrow we need Dixon.  He was out of it today.   
Clark vs vcu, again.   🤔

Lets finish the game!!!

3/16/2024 4:42 pm  #8

God I love beating the Bonnies.

Let’s GOOOO

3/16/2024 4:42 pm  #9

Great game. In the finals!  KD out coached Schmidt 3 games this season. That's very impressive. 

3/16/2024 4:44 pm  #10

Way to go Dukes!!!!!!!!!! Kick VCU butt !!!!! NCAA here we come !!!!!

3/16/2024 4:56 pm  #11

DUKES!

Let’s go!!

3/16/2024 5:00 pm  #12

Whew!
There was that one moment, (you know the one) where things turned bad and, in years past, the Dukes would have folded like a cheap suitcase. They got a three, we got the steal and the red head missed the layup and they came back to get a three, to cut it to four points!

They didn't fold! They kept their heads and still played their game!

Great win Today!

C'mon boys, one more and let's go dancing!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/16/2024 5:00 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/16/2024 5:02 pm  #13

Great team effort! Obviously Dae Dae went off, but everybody chipped in. Drame didn't have it offensively, but did a great job helping out to shut down Venning. Kareem only made one shot, but it was a big one to end the Bonnies run. It was great to see Necas get the opportunity to put the exclamation point on the win because he's been doing the dirty work all season.

We need to bring it again tomorrow. VCU is a good team, and they'll be at full strength unlike in the regular season. Normally I'd say Jimmy needs to avoid the temptation to try to do too much going against his old team. He had the pedal to the metal today though and it was great.

2009 felt like a bit of a fluke. AJax strapped the team on his back and almost carried the Dukes to the dance. This one feels legit. I feel like we've actually been the better team on the floor each night. Back in 09 I was happy just reaching the final. I've certainly enjoyed the ride this time too, but I want more. I'll actually be disappointed if we can't finish it off tomorrow.

3/16/2024 5:03 pm  #14

Great game guys!  I am hoping to crack open a victory Guiness tomorrow afternoon.  

Last edited by Tony84 (3/16/2024 7:14 pm)

3/16/2024 5:07 pm  #15

The best performance by a Duquesne basketball team in years.So proud,played like a champion.

3/16/2024 5:11 pm  #16

Other than Necas, a tough day for our bench. I'd like to think we have that ace up our sleeve for tomorrow.

3/16/2024 5:13 pm  #17

People in Columbus have no idea of how to pronounce Duquesne.Tomorrow they will learn on the CBS 
affilate WBNS channel 10 at 1pm. What a season,what a story.Bluffites rock n roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/16/2024 5:15 pm  #18

luckymcd wrote:

Great team effort! Obviously Dae Dae went off, but everybody chipped in. Drame didn't have it offensively, but did a great job helping out to shut down Venning. Kareem only made one shot, but it was a big one to end the Bonnies run. It was great to see Necas get the opportunity to put the exclamation point on the win because he's been doing the dirty work all season.

We need to bring it again tomorrow. VCU is a good team, and they'll be at full strength unlike in the regular season. Normally I'd say Jimmy needs to avoid the temptation to try to do too much going against his old team. He had the pedal to the metal today though and it was great.

Speaking of Necas, the know-it-all on the broadcast said early on, something like 'They have to get him off the floor, because he's a defensive liability. The Bonnies will attack him every time.'
Not sure where that came from. Personal observation is that Necas has very good mobility and quickness to go with his size.

2009 felt like a bit of a fluke. AJax strapped the team on his back and almost carried the Dukes to the dance. This one feels legit. I feel like we've actually been the better team on the floor each night. Back in 09 I was happy just reaching the final. I've certainly enjoyed the ride this time too, but I want more. I'll actually be disappointed if we can't finish it off tomorrow.

Speaking of Necas, the know-it-all on the broadcast said early on, something like 'They have to get him off the floor, because he's a defensive liability. The Bonnies will attack him every time.'
Not sure where that came from. Personal observation is that Necas has very good mobility and quickness to go with his size.

3/16/2024 5:25 pm  #19

stew wrote:

People in Columbus have no idea of how to pronounce Duquesne.Tomorrow they will learn on the CBS 
affilate WBNS channel 10 at 1pm. What a season,what a story.Bluffites rock n roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no I in Duquesne.

3/16/2024 5:36 pm  #20

Just got back from the game, what a performance. These kids make it so easy to root for them. Just such a cohesive group. Anyone can step up at any moment. And everyone seems to really love to see each other’s success. Most wins in a season since Sid Dambrot was a senior in the 50s. That is amazing.

3/16/2024 5:41 pm  #21

One more game fellas... I posted on FB before the game that today was going to be Dae Day, I even put it on my family calendar, and man was that ever true. He was dailed in from three today, and that off balanced buzzer beater leaner... magical.

Necas actually played nice towards the end again. Dixon looked a little off today, idk if he was tired/nervous but uncharacteristic of him. Need to go up faster and stronger under the hoop.

But today was the Dae Dae and Jimmy show... definitely helped because our bigs weren't bigging today offensively. Jake continues to impress... making big shots when it matters, playing great D, how did everyone pass on this kid? He's ice cold, in a good way. Drame helped with a solid amount of boards as well.

We play our game tomorrow, and keep our composure like we have... we'll win.

3/16/2024 5:44 pm  #22

CityDuke wrote:

Just got back from the game, what a performance. These kids make it so easy to root for them. Just such a cohesive group. Anyone can step up at any moment. And everyone seems to really love to see each other’s success. Most wins in a season since Sid Dambrot was a senior in the 50s. That is amazing.

What an awesome game.  One more for the  Go Dukes!

3/16/2024 5:52 pm  #23

StillatShales wrote:

One more game fellas... I posted on FB before the game that today was going to be Dae Day, I even put it on my family calendar, and man was that ever true. He was dailed in from three today, and that off balanced buzzer beater leaner... magical.

Necas actually played nice towards the end again. Dixon looked a little off today, idk if he was tired/nervous but uncharacteristic of him. Need to go up faster and stronger under the hoop.

But today was the Dae Dae and Jimmy show... definitely helped because our bigs weren't bigging today offensively. Jake continues to impress... making big shots when it matters, playing great D, how did everyone pass on this kid? He's ice cold, in a good way. Drame helped with a solid amount of boards as well.

We play our game tomorrow, and keep our composure like we have... we'll win.

Dae Dae was terrific today, but what abut this stat line for Jimmy, 18 pts, 8 rbs, 6 assts, 3 steals and 0 turnovers.  Jimmy has that championship mindset going and is dialed in!

3/16/2024 5:58 pm  #24

applecorps wrote:

I thought it was a good observation by the color man.  You're right, Necas does have good mobility and quickness for his size, but with the way the Dukes were switching on defense it led to Necas trying to guard the quicker, smaller, more experienced Banks who got two easy baskets in a row.  During the subsequent timeout KD removed Necas and changed up the defense a bit.  Necas and the Dukes were fine the rest of the way. 

And how about that defense?  Even when we had scoring lulls we kept the lead.

Tomorrow VCU will be deservedly favored, but I sure like our chances. 

3/16/2024 6:38 pm  #25

Our guards need to play relaxed tomorrow..especially Tre.  We have to neutralize their big guy. He scored 25 today.

Go play your best and see what happens. Good Luck. They are favored to win but maybe it’s our year. Go Dukes.

Board footera