Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2024 2:19 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Virginia Commonwealth University Rams (A10 Tourney)

Bob Prince we had them all the way

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/17/2024 2:19 pm  #27

Tears

3/17/2024 2:20 pm  #28

Been going to games with dad since age three. I’m 38 now. I’m so emotional. I can’t handle it. LETS GOOOOO! SHOO SHOO!

3/17/2024 2:20 pm  #29

Richmond fan here.  Great game.  The first time you have been dancing in 47 years.  Well done and well deserved.  

3/17/2024 2:21 pm  #30

Praise the Lord!  Keith and team, you did it.!!!!!!

3/17/2024 2:22 pm  #31

Unbelievable... Thank you Dukes!!

3/17/2024 2:24 pm  #32

Give Dambrot a lifetime contract and let Joyce lead us into the future after that. Congratulations to everyone involved, the dream has been ACHIEVED.

3/17/2024 2:25 pm  #33

Man this feels good.

3/17/2024 2:26 pm  #34

Congrats Duquesne, from Bona Nation!!! We know the exhilaration you must feel after all these years as we were in those same shoes not too long ago!!!  I predict you guys will be one of the "Cinderellas" with a few days to rest and your dynamic duo at guard getting the rest they need!  Your defense is the best I've seen in ages in the A-10 Conference!  God bless Coach Dambrot and the resilience of your team!! Good luck in the Big Dance!!  'Hope you get a good draw!! CoachSBU

3/17/2024 2:26 pm  #35

What a rollercoaster.   Cruising in first half, then couldnt make shot forever, but the defense never failed.    Drame, Necas and jimmy sealed it with FTs.   What a day!!!!
Congrats to everyone at or with Duquesne!!!!

Last edited by townsonkid (3/17/2024 2:27 pm)

3/17/2024 2:27 pm  #36

You really earned it.

3/17/2024 2:29 pm  #37

Not afraid to admit I shed some tears.   Thinking of duq81.   Go Dukes!

3/17/2024 2:29 pm  #38

I really thought the confetti did us in. What a team! What a win! Our 40+ years wandering in the basketball desert are over!

3/17/2024 2:32 pm  #39

Is this a dream or is it real???

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/17/2024 2:35 pm  #40

I am a happy boy!

3/17/2024 2:36 pm  #41

So happy for the players and coaches, all fans and alumni living and deceased, and most especially for the venerable Mr. Ray Goss.

3/17/2024 2:40 pm  #42

Great  Win !!!!!
A-10 Champs and on to the Big Dance!!!!

It was Dukes relentless Defense and overall determination that did the trick !!!!

3/17/2024 2:42 pm  #43

I'm happy for Ray Goss.  I became a Dukes fan listening to his calls in the late 60s and early 70s

3/17/2024 2:43 pm  #44

coffee wrote:

Is this a dream or is it real???

At the the half I said nobody pinch me because I don’t want to wake up. If it was a dream they wouldn’t have let VCU back in the game though. The Dukes are really going back to the dance!

3/17/2024 2:43 pm  #45

CoachSBU wrote:

Hey! Bona alum here....Pulling for you guys, BIG time!!!  Congrats on your win over us yesterday and hope you can cap it off today!  Watching with almost as much passion for you guys as I have for the Bonnies every game!  You guys are WAY past due!!  Let's go dancing, Duquesne!!!  Good luck!!!

Thanks Coach! I'm an alum from '73. It's been a long Lonely Road. See you guys next year and thanks again

3/17/2024 2:46 pm  #46

Stonewall D wrote:

Richmond fan here.  Great game.  The first time you have been dancing in 47 years.  Well done and well deserved.  

Thanks Stonewall. Greatly appreciated I'm a 73
grad when we had one of the top 25 teams in the entire country times have changed but thanks again

3/17/2024 2:46 pm  #47

The Great Ghost is alive wrote:

I'm happy for Ray Goss.  I became a Dukes fan listening to his calls in the late 60s and early 70s

Sid Dambrot is looking down and smiling. I’m happy Ray Goss got to watch it from press row. Anyone have his call of the end?

3/17/2024 2:48 pm  #48

CoachSBU wrote:

Congrats Duquesne, from Bona Nation!!! We know the exhilaration you must feel after all these years as we were in those same shoes not too long ago!!!  I predict you guys will be one of the "Cinderellas" with a few days to rest and your dynamic duo at guard getting the rest they need!  Your defense is the best I've seen in ages in the A-10 Conference!  God bless Coach Dambrot and the resilience of your team!! Good luck in the Big Dance!!  'Hope you get a good draw!! CoachSBU

Thank you Bona Nation!

What a run, i think the dukes went the tournament with out having a lead for only about 15 minutes. Defense is intense!

Congrats to Dambrot, the Dukes, and all those that have kept the faith. Enjoy it friends.

3/17/2024 2:50 pm  #49

The perfect St. Patrick's day present for me.  Kudos to our players and coaches for a great A10 tournament and NCAA bid 

3/17/2024 3:10 pm  #50

What an amazing run! I can admit I was totally wrong from a month ago and I couldn't be more delighted to have egg on my face.

Anyone that follows Jon Rothstein knows that for the past 7 years his Dambro slogan has been "Keith Dambrot: Mission Impossible", but he just posted this which brought a tear to my eye.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1769442496910684602?t=iDKofXApHqYUkhg656LEww&s=19

Congrats to all the players, coaches and fans, what a glorious day this is!!!

Board footera