Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2024 9:38 am  #1

Dambrot Retires?

Noon Press Conference
Rumor Jon Rothstein
He will retire after NCAA tournament!

3/18/2024 10:45 am  #2

3/18/2024 10:56 am  #3

3/18/2024 11:24 am  #4

Re: Dambrot Retires?

Cant blame him one bit. Going out a champion.
But this is scary for roster retention.

Dixon, Barre, Necas, DiMichele, Rozier, Hronsky. Please stay at DU. Carry that torch forward. Actually keep his career going a few more games!! 😀

Just because it would be great to piss off their fans, lets start the rumor Duquesne will offer Capel a 10 year contract.   

Last edited by townsonkid (3/18/2024 12:21 pm)

3/18/2024 11:27 am  #5

He did what he committed to do and I have so much respect for him. I’m sure there is a plan and that they are very intentional about what they are sharing and why at this very moment.

3/18/2024 11:38 am  #6

He did what we wanted. What we needed. What he promised. He deserves it.

3/18/2024 11:55 am  #7

Oh great, Coach D retires.  Well, not to worry.  We have a ton of people on this board that have ALL the answers to this situation.  We'll see how this plays out.  Hop we can keep the underclassmen, an excellent group to build on.

3/18/2024 11:56 am  #8

Face wrote:

He did what we wanted. What we needed. What he promised. He deserves it.

Yes he does deserve it. I haven’t watched many press conferences, but was really impressed with KD.

I don't how this works, but it would be great if there’s a role for him to play in player retention. Must find a way to build on this miracle finish.
Go Dukes!

3/18/2024 12:11 pm  #9

Honor the man! Have a reception at Cooper a week or so after the tournament. Let the fans celebrate the man. Congratulations to Keith. Well done on a great career.

3/18/2024 12:50 pm  #10

I hold those that retire well in the highest esteem. I can't think of too many cases of people that I know of that have done it any better than KD just did. Congratulations, kudos, & godspeed.

3/18/2024 12:51 pm  #11

I was totally oppressed to bringing in Dru Joyce halfway through the season as the new head coach.   But I have completely reversed my position and I’m totally cool with them giving him the job.

Congratulations to Coach Dambrot

3/18/2024 12:52 pm  #12

Coach D just changed DU history. Next year's team might be a rebuild, not because the guys coming back aren't good enough, in fact, they are a great core, but, we will need to find a Dae Dae and Clark, along with a F Drame,  Dusan and  a Williams.  That could take a couple of seasons, but KD has left a very good defense in place and, my vote, Dru Joyce, will likely run it. His timing was perfect, because his team this year,  is peeking and this may drive them to go deep into the NCAA tourney Thank you Coach D.

3/18/2024 1:00 pm  #13

Congratulations Coach D and thank you for all you have done for us! I wish you and Donna the best.

Hopefully Coach J continues in your footsteps!
Go Dukes win one more for us all!

3/18/2024 1:01 pm  #14

There’s no way he shocked Harper with this. I have to imagine there’s a plan.

3/18/2024 1:15 pm  #15

NapaDuke wrote:

Coach D just changed DU history. Next year's team might be a rebuild, not because the guys coming back aren't good enough, in fact, they are a great core, but, we will need to find a Dae Dae and Clark, along with a F Drame,  Dusan and  a Williams.  That could take a couple of seasons, but KD has left a very good defense in place and, my vote, Dru Joyce, will likely run it. His timing was perfect, because his team this year,  is peeking and this may drive them to go deep into the NCAA tourney Thank you Coach D.

Good points but In The pre NIL and portal days that would be true but due to those quick fixes are now on the table also!

3/18/2024 1:15 pm  #16

You hit the nail on the head.

The retirement being announced less than 24 hours after the big win demonstrates that the course of action had already been determined & that the sense of urgency is high.

A team in the big dance, hosting NCAA games, & making a coaching move in the same week is a plateful! Hopefully, Mr. Harper has lots of help.

Face wrote:

There’s no way he shocked Harper with this. I have to imagine there’s a plan.

3/18/2024 1:18 pm  #17

I’ll also note, Joyce would mean the LeBron relationship continues. For whatever that’s worth.

3/18/2024 1:20 pm  #18

Prince of Pilsner wrote:

Oh great, Coach D retires.  Well, not to worry.  We have a ton of people on this board that have ALL the answers to this situation.  We'll see how this plays out.  Hop we can keep the underclassmen, an excellent group to build on.

Yep, Prince, us "fish out of water" have nothing to worry about. Apologies to anyone offended by my wild words.

3/18/2024 6:33 pm  #19

3/18/2024 6:42 pm  #20

Face wrote:

I’ll also note, Joyce would mean the LeBron relationship continues. For whatever that’s worth.

Even closer. That's nice he is close,  but Dru is ready. The players expected it, and KD planned it. I had worried KD was too old and beyond planning, then his team didn't upset teams in the tourney, they overwhelmed those teams. KD is leaving on the top and made the way for Dru.

Board footera