Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2024 12:11 am  #51

Re: Game Thread - Brigham Young University Cougars (NCAA TOURNAMENT)

BYUGuy wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

BYUGuy wrote:

Hi Duke fans from Utah. I posted in another thread, but I feel as if this video adequately explains what we will try to do on offense and what makes us unique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yatw8jGCJs

Thanks for the link, BYUGuy.  It is an informative video and BYU's offense is formidable.  It will be a good test against the Dukes quality defense.

I think it is safe to say that every team and game in the tournament will present formidable challenges. BYU is going up against a very good Duke team that has been on a hot streak, and I think it is anyone's game on Thursday.

Nope.

3/21/2024 12:23 am  #52

Rayrich wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

https://x.com/mitch_harper/status/1770496639205027872?s=46

BYU Center Atiki Ally Atiki was filmed limping and did not participate in practice today. Khalifa, who is recovering from an injury but was listed probable, did practice. Atiki is 6’10 and averages 4 pts and 3 rbs a game. Shoots 62%.

Dukes could win if this dude is hurt and he plays, it's like most upsets, playing a hurt player makes that happen. But the real X-factor is KD. At the end of this season, his players are going over the top for their coach. We don't have to win to make this season special, but this game is in reach. Go Dukes.

Agree. If the Dukes keep playing that hard nosed defense, close out on the 3 point shooters, box out, hit the open looks, grab the loose balls. The Dukes can blow by them if they want to speed em up. We got this!

BYU's got this by 20.

3/21/2024 4:32 am  #53

BYU Dad wrote:

BYU's got this by 20.

I really doubt Pope will let them, but I hope the team feels the same way. I really don’t see a blowout. The Cougars are really good offensively, so they might win. I don’t see anyone blowing the Dukes out with the way they’re playing defense though.

3/21/2024 7:03 am  #54

Today is the day!

3/21/2024 7:04 am  #55

BluffHunter wrote:

Today is the day!

Indeed. Let go Dukes!

3/21/2024 7:11 am  #56

Who says this run ever has to end?? How about we make it to next weekend, beat Chad Baker and Auburn in the elite 8, beat Charleston again in the final four, and get revenge against Nebraska in the National Championship! One can dream but I am ecstatic these guys still get to play together and I get to watch an extra basketball game of this special squad.

3/21/2024 8:10 am  #57

For my freshman class in  1977 , when that Dukes team with "Stormin Norman" made the last Dance,
For all the TKE's, ZEEBES, Sheaks,,Betas,  to "Mossie Murphy", to Chuck Cooper , to my best-Buds, The "NERD" ....who used to get me the halftime stats during game ,to SPAGS and Defalco too..... and all Duquesne Dukes Alum and fans all over the world we are so proud for this team. I know this  Dukes team will give it everything thing they got to make a win happen today !!!!

I can't be at the game unfortunately, so all you Dukes fans that are attending please say a cheer out for the one's like me that can't attend........

One Word " ....RELENTLESS...

Lets GO DUKES !!!!!!!!

Last edited by CalDuke (3/21/2024 8:12 am)

3/21/2024 8:14 am  #58

Sitting here trying to work, until noon, and I cant stop tapping my foot on the floor, in a nervous excitement.  
I know its 47 years, but I am 51 and dont recall a thing from 1977.   So this is my first time, its pretty cool, I could get used to this.

3/21/2024 8:18 am  #59

Alll that freshman class of 77 are now 69-70 years old. This monumental in my eyes...

3/21/2024 8:25 am  #60

townsonkid wrote:

Sitting here trying to work, until noon, and I cant stop tapping my foot on the floor, in a nervous excitement.  
I know its 47 years, but I am 51 and dont recall a thing from 1977.   So this is my first time, its pretty cool, I could get used to this.

Same...Came into the office at 6 today so I can leave around noon. Need to get out of this cubicle asap! I cannot contain my anxious excitement.

3/21/2024 8:31 am  #61

John Warner former player was in one of my classes  class participation/attendance was 10% of the grade - the instructor told him at the start of the semester that he would NOT be marked absent when traveling with the team  -  so the 3 games in Philly for the Eastern 8 championship and the game the following week against VMI...

3/21/2024 8:44 am  #62

townsonkid wrote:

Props to channel 4, WTAE for their coverage of the Dukes.   Lots of nice video on their site, and they are sending Andrew Stockey out to Omaha.   Channel 2 kdka is staring at the Capel cam to see if he sneezes, and Rich Walsh cries on twitter.

And I am sure the lead story on 93.7 (The all Pitt all the time) Fan today was probably "Back up Pitt point guard picks his nose."
Pittsburgh sports media has always been something of an inbred joke, but these clowns take the cake. Not even a headline of us upsetting Dayton last Friday. Oh yeah they mentioned it in passing how that might hurt Pitt's chances!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/21/2024 8:53 am  #63

My dad and I both attended Duquesne.  He passed away this past Friday and would have been with me watching the championship games.  He was 77 and loved basketball and Duquesne. 

So much love for this program from high above and here today.  Never underestimate the power of the human spirit regardless of the challenge or circumstances. BYU has no idea how much energy and adrenaline the faithful Duquesne fans and players of present and past are bringing today. 

Go Duquesne!!!

3/21/2024 8:58 am  #64

CTS wrote:

My dad and I both attended Duquesne. He passed away this past Friday and would have been with me watching the championship games. He was 77 and loved basketball and Duquesne.

So much love for this program from high above and here today. Never underestimate the power of the human spirit regardless of the challenge or circumstances. BYU has no idea how much energy and adrenaline the faithful Duquesne fans and players of present and past are bringing today.

Go Duquesne!!!

I'm sorry for your loss. The Dukes are making lots of fans in heaven proud. I think about Dom Errico and Duq81 as well.

3/21/2024 9:00 am  #65

Do any of you remember Jake Dimichele's father? Darren Dimichele was a walk-on on the Duq hoops team from 1984-?

3/21/2024 9:12 am  #66

townsonkid wrote:

I’m sitting in Minneapolis airport. I just watched a flight leave to Pittsburgh from the same gate as my flight to Omaha. My nervous excitement is not just for the game. I’m scheduled to land 25 minutes before tipoff, and need to get to my hotel to drop off my bag before heading to the arena. I’ll tell you in a couple hours whose shoes I’d rather be in.

3/21/2024 9:28 am  #67

I want to win and whatnot. Of course. And I don’t want to just be a “happy to be here” person. But this is also kinda icing on the cake. Delicious cream cheese icing. Even so, I’m still basking in being A10 Champs and I’d still feel that way even if they made the F4.

3/21/2024 9:58 am  #68

I think Dixon needs to step up today.   He did nothing in Brooklyn.   His defense has to be strong, stay out of foul trouble and he needs to score.   Our guards cant do it all vs this a good team.   He needs to show folks who he is, like a 'hello world' type of day.

3/21/2024 11:24 am  #69

3/21/2024 12:12 pm  #70

No way this can last. Just the calm before BYU unleashes.

3/21/2024 12:18 pm  #71

I sure wish we would get a "normal" mascot.  This is one thing Duquesne still hasn't gotten right!  LOL

Go Dukes!

3/21/2024 12:38 pm  #72

We took that lucky punch from them and punched right back.

3/21/2024 12:43 pm  #73

Strong first half. Going to be another slobberknocker in the second.

3/21/2024 12:47 pm  #74

Relentless.........relentless........relentless.........!!!!!!!!

Go Dukes !!!!!!!!

3/21/2024 12:48 pm  #75

I get too angsty watching these things. Please root extra for me as I follow from a distance for the sake of my stress and blood pressure.

Board footera