Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2024 2:37 pm  #101

Re: Game Thread - Brigham Young University Cougars (NCAA TOURNAMENT)

It was great to see Norm Nixon in the stands and the announcers mentioned KD's Dad played when DU won the national championship back in the 50's.

3/21/2024 2:45 pm  #102

What a win!!!!!

3/21/2024 2:56 pm  #103

Despite what the local BYU "expert" proclaimed - I knew the dukes had a punchers chance here. They defend incredibly well and BYU runs their whole offense out of shooting the 3. 

BYU rarely looked comfortable - especially out of the gate. 
The Dukes controlled most of that game (They didn't have a lead for 1:10)
Duquesne was more physical. 
The Dukes won with Jimmy shooting poorly. 

Go Dukes! What a ride

3/21/2024 2:57 pm  #104

BYU Dad wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Dukes could win if this dude is hurt and he plays, it's like most upsets, playing a hurt player makes that happen. But the real X-factor is KD. At the end of this season, his players are going over the top for their coach. We don't have to win to make this season special, but this game is in reach. Go Dukes.

Agree. If the Dukes keep playing that hard nosed defense, close out on the 3 point shooters, box out, hit the open looks, grab the loose balls. The Dukes can blow by them if they want to speed em up. We got this!

BYU's got this by 20.

Whoops.

3/21/2024 3:23 pm  #105

I’ll never get tired of hearing “and the winner will face Duquesne in the next round.”

Last edited by mudfoot (3/21/2024 3:23 pm)

3/21/2024 3:23 pm  #106

What a game!  A big shout out to all the Duquesne fans that made the trip. You made us all proud. You not only looked great in your DU gear you were loud and made a difference. Let's keep it rolling to the final 4.

Go Dukes 🏀 🔥💪🏆

3/21/2024 3:59 pm  #107

CLK wrote:

What a game!  A big shout out to all the Duquesne fans that made the trip. You made us all proud. You not only looked great in your DU gear you were loud and made a difference. Let's keep it rolling to the final 4.

Go Dukes 🏀 🔥💪🏆

They were very loud.  I’m very happy for you CLK.  You put up with a lot of crap running this.  Thank you.

3/21/2024 4:01 pm  #108

I was upset that we were one of the first games.  I wanted the anticipation to build a little longer.  Now I’m glad.  The party can last longer.

3/21/2024 4:11 pm  #109

Didn't get to watch the (magnificent) game. I don't suppose there's a link where one could watch a full replay (?) 

3/21/2024 4:16 pm  #110

As the Immortal (or Immoral) Phil Musick might have said  WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THUNK IT????

3/21/2024 4:33 pm  #111

This Dukes team at the start of the season, I thought, had more talent than I have seen in 50 years. It took a while but going into the A-10 Tourney, then put it all together. Right now, this team is as good or better than anyone left. If we win or not in the next game, it won't be because we didn't belong here. But it's not out of the question that this is like that "Butler year" Yes, this team right now is a top NCAA team and just might beat anyone in their way. This is too fun to believe.Go Dukes..

3/21/2024 5:18 pm  #112

Mark Madden was hilarious ripping Pitt for chunking out of the NIT.  He wants Duquesne to turn down a new City Game unless Pitt gives the Dukes 2 of 3 at the Coop.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/21/2024 5:33 pm  #113

Congratulations on your win.

I'm not sure BYU really wanted to be there. We got robbed by the committee not putting us at the 4 seed in Salt Lake. It put a really dark cloud over the team and guys just weren't motivated.

One of our players has been fasting for religious reasons too so he was at like 25 or 50%. Some of the calls by the refs made no sense and favored one team.

3/21/2024 5:43 pm  #114

Great win for the Dukes! We’ve all learned the number 47 over the past few days, but that’s just making the tournament. This was our first tourney win since 1969!

I thought I had everything figured out buying a ticket near what is the visitors bench for Creighton games. I figured the lower seed would be the visitors. I get to my seats to find I’m surrounded by BYU fans. I was disappointed, but it ended up making the W even sweeter.

The Dukes showed up in force. Not just the team, the atmosphere was fantastic. Someone even got a shoo shoo rah rah going. It was great to see the team go over to the Dukes section afterwards. Then after Ray signed off he got a standing o too. Dusan and Jake came out of the locker room and were sitting in the stands too. Anybody who think a one year transfer doesn’t really become a part of the institution is dead wrong. Dusan is as much a Duke as anyone.

Illinois looked damn good in the 2nd half, but I’m not doubting these Dukes anymore. All the fans (myself included) who called them the same old Dukes at any point this season were dead wrong! Go Dukes! Keep the magical run going!

Last edited by luckymcd (3/21/2024 5:44 pm)

3/21/2024 5:51 pm  #115

BYU Dad wrote:

I'm not sure BYU really wanted to be there. We got robbed by the committee not putting us at the 4 seed in Salt Lake. It put a really dark cloud over the team and guys just weren't motivated.

One of our players has been fasting for religious reasons too so he was at like 25 or 50%. Some of the calls by the refs made no sense and favored one team.

I was ready to applaud you for coming back and responding, but how many excuses can one fan make? Oh by the way, one of the Dukes starters is fasting for Ramadan also.

3/21/2024 6:02 pm  #116

luckymcd wrote:

Great win for the Dukes! We’ve all learned the number 47 over the past few days, but that’s just making the tournament. This was our first tourney win since 1969!

I thought I had everything figured out buying a ticket near what is the visitors bench for Creighton games. I figured the lower seed would be the visitors. I get to my seats to find I’m surrounded by BYU fans. I was disappointed, but it ended up making the W even sweeter.

The Dukes showed up in force. Not just the team, the atmosphere was fantastic. Someone even got a shoo shoo rah rah going. It was great to see the team go over to the Dukes section afterwards. Then after Ray signed off he got a standing o too. Dusan and Jake came out of the locker room and were sitting in the stands too. Anybody who think a one year transfer doesn’t really become a part of the institution is dead wrong. Dusan is as much a Duke as anyone.

Illinois looked damn good in the 2nd half, but I’m not doubting these Dukes anymore. All the fans (myself included) who called them the same old Dukes at any point this season were dead wrong! Go Dukes! Keep the magical run going!

Wish I was there man. Glad Ray got an ovation. He deserves one more than anybody. Illinois looked good because Moorehead State had no depth and didn't play any defense once they tired in the second half. That won't be the case come Saturday. Dukes will be in their face and if the refs let them play the Dukes will be in the sweet sixteen.

3/21/2024 6:18 pm  #117

I thought the Dukes won the physical battle when F. Drame was pulled to the ground in that tie-up, but he kept fighting for the ball and showed he wasn't going to get intimidated. Both players got a tech., but it affected BYU more than the Dukes. Drame has been here before and wasn't going to get pushed around. Just one more piece of that winning puzzle.

3/21/2024 6:32 pm  #118

NapaDuke wrote:

I thought the Dukes won the physical battle when F. Drame was pulled to the ground in that tie-up, but he kept fighting for the ball and showed he wasn't going to get intimidated. Both players got a tech., but it affected BYU more than the Dukes. Drame has been here before and wasn't going to get pushed around. Just one more piece of that winning puzzle.

F Drame was an absolute beast in this game as well as many of the previous games in this streak. He is a warrior to say the least. He set the example with that scramble on the floor early in the second half. Love this guy and the team feeds off of his tenacious play. He's a leader.

3/21/2024 6:33 pm  #119

coffee wrote:

Mark Madden was hilarious ripping Pitt for chunking out of the NIT.  He wants Duquesne to turn down a new City Game unless Pitt gives the Dukes 2 of 3 at the Coop.

I agree 100% we need something from them, but thats not enough.   That will even out in time, something strange happens.   I’d want 3 at least 3 in a row at Coop to even sit and discuss a new series(20 years).  Pitt is soooo big and tough, they should still win all 3 by a 25 pt avg.

3/21/2024 6:36 pm  #120

BYU Dad wrote:

This was fun banter between fan bases. Now you’re just bitter and making excuses.

Your team wanted to play. All teams do.

That changed after the Dukes went out into a 7-0 lead and your offense couldn’t get into it.

And come on. Fouls were 18 for BYU and 17 for dukes. You shot one more free throw.

and that’s including the 4 fouls and 8 shots in the last fifty seconds to ice yinz and send you and Cosmo back to Provo with a tail
between your legs.

3/21/2024 6:43 pm  #121

Ifky 07 wrote:

BYU Dad wrote:

This was fun banter between fan bases. Now you’re just bitter and making excuses.

That changed after the Dukes went out into a 7-0 lead and your offense couldn’t get into it.

And come on. Fouls were 18 for BYU and 17 for dukes. You shot one more free throw.

and that’s including the 4 fouls and 8 shots in the last fifty seconds to ice yinz and send you and Cosmo back to Provo with a tail
between your legs.

If you look at their fan forums they blast their players.I won't go into the numerous posts on player grades, etc....pretty pathetic. No comment on how good Duquesne was. Typical power 5-6 school spoiled ass responses. Let's just go out and beat Illinois and whoever we play next.

3/21/2024 6:53 pm  #122

Rayrich wrote:

Ifky 07 wrote:

BYU Dad wrote:

between your legs.

If you look at their fan forums they blast their players.I won't go into the numerous posts on player grades, etc....pretty pathetic. No comment on how good Duquesne was. Typical power 5-6 school spoiled ass responses. Let's just go out and beat Illinois and whoever we play next.

No wonder BYU's team needs 5 Mental Strength coaches.

3/21/2024 7:09 pm  #123

MikeR wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Ifky 07 wrote:

between your legs.

No wonder BYU's team needs 5 Mental Strength coaches.

Lol. Mental strength for a bunch of 25 year old sophomores. SMFH

3/21/2024 7:26 pm  #124

luckymcd wrote:

BYU Dad wrote:

I was ready to applaud you for coming back and responding, but how many excuses can one fan make? Oh by the way, one of the Dukes starters is fasting for Ramadan also.

Your reply is much nicer than mine.  Thanks.

3/21/2024 7:30 pm  #125

Goodness Gracious,great Balls Of Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nothing Like This Feeling.congratulations And Much Love To Duquesne

Board footera