Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2024 11:06 am  #1

Ray Goss

I have been wondering why Tim Benz has been doing color on radio since the A10 tournament started on radio.

I believe that whenever the season ends and that will NOT be tonight, that Ray might retire as well. 

When the season ends in the next two weeks I am going to make sure I listen to radio post game.  I wonder if Benz will be new play by play for the Dukes.  I’m not sure that he would give up tv.  Or maybe they simulcast from home. 

Listened to Ray for a lot of years.  Don’t want to see him go but understand if he does. Go Dukes!

3/23/2024 4:22 pm  #2

Re: Ray Goss

Hope Ray stays.   Tim does a nice job.

It was frustrating trying to tune in.  I could only get BYU Radio.

Last edited by coffee (3/23/2024 4:25 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/23/2024 4:22 pm  #3

For what it’s worth, in Brooklyn I had a nice long chat with Ray and I asked him directly if he plans to retire and he said no.  I can’t remember the exact quote but to paraphrase he said, “at the end of every season I assess how things went and now, I see no reason why I wouldn’t come back.”  They obviously have to have a plan in place and Benz makes the most sense, but if it’s next year, I would say he was asked to step down. I expect a new crop of Dukes fans coming to the table next year so I could see a new radio deal, and a new broadcast team in place to greet them. I’m not saying I agree with it - just my thoughts.

3/23/2024 4:46 pm  #4

coffee wrote:

My brother listened to the game on BYU radio as well. He thought the announcers were very complimentary of the Dukes.

3/23/2024 6:10 pm  #5

I was at the game on Thursday and I must complement the BYU fans.  They were great after the game, very complementary to the Dukes, no sour grapes that I could hear.  Several BYU fans actually approached me and complemented the Dukes for the win.  I'll also say the same about the Illinois fans, who were very complementary of the Dukes.  Both groups seem like a classy fan base.  
The Duquesne turnout was really pretty amazing with Dukes fans coming from all parts of the Country. Omaha is challenging to get to from Pittsburgh by air, unless you are will to spend close to a grand.  If they can pull this off and go to Boston for the Sweet 16 I expect a huge Duquesne presence.
In addition to Norm Nixon there were several other former Dukes including Jimmy Tricco who was really enjoying the game.
The Dukes fans were also involved and loud with one attorney I know leading the Mossie  Cheer on a few occasions.  It was a great time!  If you get the opportunity to get to Boston don't miss it! 

3/23/2024 6:56 pm  #6

coffee wrote:

Can’t you listen on IHeart ?

3/23/2024 7:02 pm  #7

Styles1229 wrote:

For what it’s worth, in Brooklyn I had a nice long chat with Ray and I asked him directly if he plans to retire and he said no.  I can’t remember the exact quote but to paraphrase he said, “at the end of every season I assess how things went and now, I see no reason why I wouldn’t come back.”  They obviously have to have a plan in place and Benz makes the most sense, but if it’s next year, I would say he was asked to step down. I expect a new crop of Dukes fans coming to the table next year so I could see a new radio deal, and a new broadcast team in place to greet them. I’m not saying I agree with it - just my thoughts.

I can see that happen.  I imagine that Noah Buono who did some games for Sportsnet Pgh is in their plans.   He was flat out great.

3/23/2024 10:08 pm  #8

I tried 970am and 104.7HD and got music.   How can people listen to Ray now?

3/23/2024 10:26 pm  #9

Music or commercials, no game.  This needs to be looked at in the off season.  Ray deserves better.  All in all though, it has been a great run for the Dukes, and I am proud of them!  Put up your Dukes!!!!!!!!!!!

3/23/2024 10:29 pm  #10

Music or commercials, no game.  This needs to be looked at in the off season.  Ray deserves better.  All in all though, it has been a great run for the Dukes, and I am proud of them!  Put up your Dukes!!!!!!!!!!!

3/23/2024 10:42 pm  #11

I always turn the TV volume down and listen to Ray, a Duquesne treasure.Dissappointing that the broadcast not available on radio.WBGG ,not a great option for the Dukes next year.

Board footera