Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2024 8:30 am  #1

Bronny James To Penn State

4/01/2024 8:52 am  #2

Re: Bronny James To Penn State

Lou’s of surprising news out there today

This one concerning the A10’s autobid:

https://x.com/a10talk/status/1774753826886578424

4/01/2024 9:26 am  #3

That's isn't good.  I wonder what happened.  However, if a really good team also wins the A-10 they should still get in.  This would mean that this year, if that was in place, Duquesne probably wouldn't have gotten in.
Whew....

4/01/2024 9:30 am  #4

April Fools Day stuff?

4/01/2024 9:44 am  #5

April Fools!  Unless someone really did use a witch!

". . .paying an evil witch to cast an evil curse on Dayton ensuring they will never win an Atlantic 10 Tournament"

Last edited by Mulder (4/01/2024 9:45 am)

4/01/2024 9:47 am  #6

CLK wrote:

A friend of mine sent this to me. I am shocked 🙂

https://onwardstate.com/2024/04/01/former-usc-guard-bronny-james-transfers-to-penn-state-hoops

This also says April fools at the top.

Meanwhile Chin Tsu Wang - 7'4" Chinese center signs with Duquesne (credit:  Dave Morris and Steve Hecht)

4/01/2024 10:04 am  #7

Lebron loves Ohio State so this is a real shocker.PennState?

4/01/2024 10:18 am  #8

Its bad enough the internet is a cesspool to begin with, do people really need to make up more stuff today?

At least the PSU article had this at the bottom...

Editor’s note: This story is part of Onward State’s April Fools’ Day series. It is satirical, meant for entertainment, and not to be taken literally. Any quotes were made up for the purpose of this post.

Last edited by townsonkid (4/01/2024 10:19 am)

4/01/2024 10:24 am  #9

townsonkid wrote:

Its bad enough the internet is a cesspool to begin with, do people really need to make up more stuff today?

At least the PSU article had this at the bottom...

Editor’s note: This story is part of Onward State’s April Fools’ Day series. It is satirical, meant for entertainment, and not to be taken literally. Any quotes were made up for the purpose of this post.

It's all in good fun. 😀

4/01/2024 12:04 pm  #10

Here's an item that would seem to qualify for an  April Fools story - except that it is factual...

USC finished near the bottom of the Pac 12 with an overall 8-15 record with both Bronny James and DJ Rodman (Dennis' son) on the roster.  On paper, that would seem really hard to do.

4/01/2024 3:56 pm  #11

My favorite April Fool's Day joke involving sports: 
Several years ago the Canadian Football League on their website announced it was going to build a 50,000 seat temporary stadium above the Arctic Circle for the next Grey Cup game. 
I thought for a while it was possible. After all we have had single-use natural grass placed over artificial turf for certain soccer matches, tons of dirt trucked into arenas for truck and motorcycle races, etc. Then the CFL reminded me that the announcement was made on April 1.

4/01/2024 3:57 pm  #12

indygjm wrote:

Here's an item that would seem to qualify for an  April Fools story - except that it is factual...

USC finished near the bottom of the Pac 12 with an overall 8-15 record with both Bronny James and DJ Rodman (Dennis' son) on the roster.  On paper, that would seem really hard to do.

It's almost like world-class genes aren't enough by themselves. Apples don't fall far from the tree, but they can roll far away. I'm not saying they aren't good players, but they aren't nearly their fathers. Add Marcus Jordan to that list.

Board footera