Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2024 1:26 pm  #1

4/04/2024 1:35 pm  #2

Re: Andy Barba in the portal

4/04/2024 1:39 pm  #3

I like Andy and sad to see him leave. He is a glue guy, and the kind of player that unites teammates. Wish him all the best.

4/04/2024 1:47 pm  #4

CLK wrote:

I like Andy and sad to see him leave. He is a glue guy, and the kind of player that unites teammates. Wish him all the best.

Well said!

4/04/2024 2:05 pm  #5

Andy is a great kid, as we all seem to agree, but either due to long-term injuries or level of competition was never able to contribute in meaningful games.  This move was expected.

4/04/2024 2:14 pm  #6

Ha!
I heard straight from the horse's mouth in front of three witnesses that he was definitely coming back. The portal is fun!
Good luck, Andy.

4/04/2024 2:23 pm  #7

This is directly from Andy via X:
https://x.com/andybarba5/status/1775957719981187444

Thank you to everyone at Duquesne for an amazing experience! Through all of the ups and downs, I have met countless awesome people and am truly thankful. I will be a proud Duquesne alumni for the rest of my life and am excited for @DruOnDemand and the future of the program!
I am fortunate enough to be able to get a business degree from Duquesne and am a Graduate Transfer with 3 years of eligibility remaining. DM or text me for any practice tape or info! Also excited to cheer on the Dukes at Shale’s and Mario’s with the guys in the future! #GoDukes

4/04/2024 2:48 pm  #8

Another one that's not a surprise. He was one of our bigger recruits at the time, but then when he arrived was basically treated as a walk-on. I didn't see enough of him to know if his game didn't transition to the college level, if injuries took away his game, or if it was something else. He did seem to be one of the best liked guys on the team though. That's something you don't like to see leave. Good luck wherever he ends up.

4/05/2024 2:14 pm  #9

Bummed about this one, and as I mentioned in previous posts these players from the roster are part of this new culture.  This is especially true with Barba as he stayed the longest.  Had several opportunities to meet him and he is a great and funny young man.  The fact I got to have a beer with him in Shales says it all!  I also enjoyed watching him make dozens of 3's in warmups as well as watching his athleticism and his good demeanor.  As luckymcd mentioned, he was one of our bigger recruits.  Likely another player KD did wrong, so I will not blame Dru on this one.  Barba also gave a shout out to Dru so there seems to be no bad blood.  I really hope Barba is the last to leave, and I really hope the current coaching staff stays in place, with the addition of Dur's brother.

Go Dukes!

Board footera