Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2024 12:50 pm  #1

Coaching Staff

When do we think we might hear about Dru's changing to the coaching staff.  With a lot of holes to fill on the team roster we know that Duquesne is hunting in the portal like everyone else just curious when we might hear he is staying and/or leaving the current staff.  We also know that Dru can fill a spot with his position now open if he wanted to.

Rick McFadden
Terry Weigand
Steve Wright - had ties with Dru in the past assuming he will stay on-board
Ari Stern
Andy Allison

I personally would like the staff to stay intact and have Dru add to it.  But with how quickly the offseason seems to be moving already I'd assume an announcement or some talk to start coming out.

4/05/2024 1:53 pm  #2

Re: Coaching Staff

Bsduq2008 wrote:

When do we think we might hear about Dru's changing to the coaching staff.  With a lot of holes to fill on the team roster we know that Duquesne is hunting in the portal like everyone else just curious when we might hear he is staying and/or leaving the current staff.  We also know that Dru can fill a spot with his position now open if he wanted to.

Rick McFadden
Terry Weigand
Steve Wright - had ties with Dru in the past assuming he will stay on-board
Ari Stern
Andy Allison

I personally would like the staff to stay intact and have Dru add to it.  But with how quickly the offseason seems to be moving already I'd assume an announcement or some talk to start coming out.

In the essence of stability I would hope most if not all stay. The fact we have not heard anything to this point lends to that theory!
Would adding his brother as assistant seems likely also.

4/05/2024 2:02 pm  #3

I hope they all stay as well.  A big part of the culture and I know a lot of these players like Rick and Terry

4/05/2024 3:04 pm  #4

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Joyce join the staff at some point

4/05/2024 6:47 pm  #5

Like our key players that just helped win the A-10, it's unlikely anyone on our coaching staff would want to leave a winner. But Coach Dru does need to pick up at least one more coach.

Board footera