Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2024 10:36 am  #1

Tess Myers Enters Transfer Portal

I believe she is entered as a grad transfer. 

4/27/2024 9:36 am  #2

Re: Tess Myers Enters Transfer Portal

She is going to play at Wisconsin.

4/30/2024 12:28 pm  #3

SkepticAl wrote:

She is going to play at Wisconsin.

Wow. Wish her well!

5/02/2024 5:45 pm  #4

She was a grad transfer so I wish her the best.  She went to an under .500 Big Ten team in conference play.  I can see leaving to play on a team that is almost guaranteed to make the tournament.  That is not Wisconsin.  I hope she received some NIL money.  And I don’t mean that as a slam.

I thought she was a good player at DU and I hesitate to criticize players.   But she could not create her own openings for the 3.   If others created her open shot, she scored.  I’m more concerned they lost Bernard.

Last edited by DuqBlue (5/02/2024 5:46 pm)

Yesterday 8:53 am  #5

DuqBlue wrote:

She was a grad transfer so I wish her the best. She went to an under .500 Big Ten team in conference play. I can see leaving to play on a team that is almost guaranteed to make the tournament. That is not Wisconsin. I hope she received some NIL money. And I don’t mean that as a slam.

I thought she was a good player at DU and I hesitate to criticize players. But she could not create her own openings for the 3. If others created her open shot, she scored. I’m more concerned they lost Bernard.

I know this will be considered crazy speculation, but isn't it just barely possible Tess made her choice for academic or other non-basketball related reasons?

Yesterday 2:07 pm  #6

DuqBlue wrote:

She was a grad transfer so I wish her the best. She went to an under .500 Big Ten team in conference play. I can see leaving to play on a team that is almost guaranteed to make the tournament. That is not Wisconsin. I hope she received some NIL money. And I don’t mean that as a slam.

I thought she was a good player at DU and I hesitate to criticize players. But she could not create her own openings for the 3. If others created her open shot, she scored. I’m more concerned they lost Bernard.

DuqBlue -  Despite their losing conference record Wisconsin' Womens Team DID MAKE the WNIT -  They lost to St Louis at the same time DU lost to Purdue .   So they did play in the Post Season.  

Yesterday 6:09 pm  #7

MikeR wrote:

DuqBlue wrote:

I know this will be considered crazy speculation, but isn't it just barely possible Tess made her choice for academic or other non-basketball related reasons?

She very possibly could have.   I didn’t mean to slight her in any way.   She got a degree from Duquesne and gave 100%.   

I was thinking strictly from a basketball perspective on the choice.

Yesterday 6:11 pm  #8

SkepticAl wrote:

DuqBlue wrote:

DuqBlue -  Despite their losing conference record Wisconsin' Womens Team DID MAKE the WNIT -  They lost to St Louis at the same time DU lost to Purdue .   So they did play in the Post Season.  

If it was a basketball reason to leave, I’m not leaving for another WNiT bid.   Just sayin.   Leaving for academics as Mike said makes way more sense to.

Board footera