Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

Current Men's Basketball Roster and Coaches are now up:
Just type in Duquesne University Men's Basketball - Great Read on Everyone!
Go Dukes!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2024 6:20 pm  #1

Bronny, last chance, come to Duquesne and make a name for yourself

I know everyone thinks Lebron's kid is going to follow his Dad's fix and go to the NBA right now without ever proving to the world that Bronny actually did it? Heck, just go to Duquesne University  and just surprise everyone, that you want to make it on your own name. DU has a super team that is perfect for a point guard to run. Run that team and make some history, or get a late round fix to get to the G-League?  Kind of a last chance wake up call. Most folks say you will not. Too many people in your ear right now telling you the wrong thing.

Last edited by NapaDuke (5/28/2024 7:00 pm)

5/28/2024 9:01 pm  #2

Re: Bronny, last chance, come to Duquesne and make a name for yourself

Yeah ...I agree....he's probably going to start-off on the Lakers G-League team, that is based in LA .....There is no way, that  LeBron will allow Bronny to fall past the Lakers 55th pick, if  not only to avoid the embarrassment, of Bronny not getting drafted... at all ?! I think that this is the most likely outcome...

Some team may take gamble on him before the 55th pick and he will most likely start off on their G-League, also..(likely in some podunck town in the middle of nowhere)... No team, the Lakers or otherwise, is going to start Bronny, at the end of somebody's NBA's team bench....Because that would be (super) detrimental to the development of Bronny's game, in trying to get to the pro level satus,which many acknowledge, that  Bronny's....not there yet.

I think that the last thing that Bronny wants is to be drafted by the Lakers at the 55th pick ...Beause for the rest of his life, he will never know,if he made the pros on his own or had to rely on his farher to bail him out....If he came to the Dukes and succeeded however, there would be no question, as to his bonafides to be considered... a real NBA Pro....

GO Dukes !!

Last edited by CalDuke (5/28/2024 10:19 pm)

5/29/2024 4:47 am  #3

CalDuke wrote:

Yeah ...I agree....he's probably going to start-off on the Lakers G-League team, that is based in LA .....There is no way, that  LeBron will allow Bronny to fall past the Lakers 55th pick, if  not only to avoid the embarrassment, of Bronny not getting drafted... at all ?! I think that this is the most likely outcome...

Some team may take gamble on him before the 55th pick and he will most likely start off on their G-League, also..(likely in some podunck town in the middle of nowhere)... No team, the Lakers or otherwise, is going to start Bronny, at the end of somebody's NBA's team bench....Because that would be (super) detrimental to the development of Bronny's game, in trying to get to the pro level satus,which many acknowledge, that  Bronny's....not there yet.

I think that the last thing that Bronny wants is to be drafted by the Lakers at the 55th pick ...Beause for the rest of his life, he will never know,if he made the pros on his own or had to rely on his farher to bail him out....If he came to the Dukes and succeeded however, there would be no question, as to his bonafides to be considered... a real NBA Pro....

GO Dukes !!

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/rich-paul-sets-record-straight-about-bronny-james-nba-contract-situation-rks97

His agent doesn’t seem to think this is the case. Normally I’d say that’s just agent rhetoric, but he’s using some pretty definitive language. I’ll own up to the fact that I don’t know NBA regulations very well; but my understanding is if he’s playing in the G League but not on a two-way contract any team can sign him. I doubt a team drafts him, signs him, and then leaves him available to other teams.

5/29/2024 7:51 am  #4

Chingachgook 1826 wrote:

Question:

Can James be drafted, not sign with that team and retain college eligibility?

As I understand it, no. If anyone remains in the NBA Dradt after today, they forfeit any college eligibility.

5/29/2024 7:51 am  #5

5/29/2024 3:39 pm  #6

Not upset he chose nba.  It would have been a wild ride, and media coverage, but we have the players already, and maybe a circus-like atmosphere would be a bad thing for the team.
Lets go Dukes!!!

Last edited by townsonkid (5/29/2024 3:39 pm)

5/29/2024 3:48 pm  #7

Not that I think Bronny’s coming, but to Phoenix’s point, what’s to stop him from going to college? Rules?  What rules? NCAA rules? Are there any rules these days?
He and his pappy could both play for Duquesne.  Who can/would stop them?

5/29/2024 8:12 pm  #8

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Not that I think Bronny’s coming, but to Phoenix’s point, what’s to stop him from going to college? Rules?  What rules? NCAA rules? Are there any rules these days?
He and his pappy could both play for Duquesne.  Who can/would stop them?

You are so right, Mike. You could argue that the NCAA is depriving LeBron from having a college experience. 😂

5/30/2024 9:11 pm  #9

My Last Word on Bronny...
Doug is virtually stating the same, as I posted, on the Bronny's May 29th decision .. both.initially and subsequently...That Bronny's not ready  (yet) for the NBA and that Bronny needed to get (more) reps as a lead guard and that college ball would better afforded him a better oppertunity to improve his game....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/doug-gottlieb-bronny-james-is-making-a-mistake-leaving-college-basketball/ar-BB1nhjfZ?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Here's the actual radio segment ...https://www.spreaker.com/episode/doug-gottlieb-bronny-james-is-making-a-mistake-leaving-college-basketball--60212288

GO Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (5/30/2024 9:27 pm)

Board footera