Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
Lipscomb @ Duquesne - Nov. 4 - 8:00 PM
Princeton @ Duquesne - Nov. 8 - 8:30 PM
Dukes @ DePaul - Nov. 15 - 9:00 PM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2024 8:27 am  #1

Tyler Robbins

Dukes (among others) offered 6'10" forward Tyler Robbins from Upper St. Clair. I can't get the PSN link to work. 

6/20/2024 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Tyler Robbins

6/21/2024 10:04 am  #3

Who else has offered him so far?

6/21/2024 11:53 am  #4

Forbes & Magee wrote:Who else has offered him so far?
"townsonkid wrote:
From what I saw, RMU and Pepperdine, and St Francis and Loyola MD.   Would be nice to get a big fella from a local school.

From April:“Tyler is an unbelievable player,” said USC floor boss Dan Holzer. “He’s still getting better. He still looks like a young kid. I don’t think he’s done growing. I think he’s going to get bigger and stronger. I can’t imagine what he’s going to look like next year at this time.”This winter, Robbins was dominant on both ends of the court. He averaged 13.6 points, 11.3 rebounds and 5.5 blocks a game. He was accurate on 61.5 percent of his field goal attempts.“Tyler impacted the game on both ends of the floor,” Holzer said. “He’s very skilled and getting better. He’s a hard worker and he loves the game.”Robbins inherited his passion for the game. His mother, Kim Seaver, was a standout performer at Mt. Lebanon and Virginia Tech. She remains the all-time scoring leader in Lebo women’s basketball history with 1,806 career points.His sister, Kate, was a 1,000-point scorer at USC and a two-time WPIAL finalist. She just completed her freshman season at Marist.His younger brother, Ryan, was a 6-6 freshman on USC’s varsity this winter.

6/21/2024 11:56 am  #5

townsonkid wrote:

Forbes & Magee wrote:Who else has offered him so far?
"townsonkid wrote:
From what I saw, RMU and Pepperdine, and St Francis and Loyola MD.   Would be nice to get a big fella from a local school.

From April:“Tyler is an unbelievable player,” said USC floor boss Dan Holzer. “He’s still getting better. He still looks like a young kid. I don’t think he’s done growing. I think he’s going to get bigger and stronger. I can’t imagine what he’s going to look like next year at this time.”This winter, Robbins was dominant on both ends of the court. He averaged 13.6 points, 11.3 rebounds and 5.5 blocks a game. He was accurate on 61.5 percent of his field goal attempts.“Tyler impacted the game on both ends of the floor,” Holzer said. “He’s very skilled and getting better. He’s a hard worker and he loves the game.”Robbins inherited his passion for the game. His mother, Kim Seaver, was a standout performer at Mt. Lebanon and Virginia Tech. She remains the all-time scoring leader in Lebo women’s basketball history with 1,806 career points.His sister, Kate, was a 1,000-point scorer at USC and a two-time WPIAL finalist. She just completed her freshman season at Marist.His younger brother, Ryan, was a 6-6 freshman on USC’s varsity this winter.

A little perspecitve....  Dan Holzer was an assistant coach for the Dukes from 93-95, under John Carroll.  He has more perspective on the transition to D-1 than most other high school coaches.

Board footera