Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2014 6:49 pm  #1

Selection Sunday!!!!!!

Despite my love of college hoops, every year this day just enrages me!  Every year seeing all these other schools who get their numbers punched for the first time or for the first time in a long time, and we are NEVER there!  Never!  And I know that it will be no sooner than four years, if all goes right (which in Duquesne land NEVER HAPPENS) than we may hear our name called!

Hey, we're Duquesne. We still think its 1955 and we can compete and we're still a great college program. We don't have to do anything different.

I hate this day even more this year.  F**k You Sean Miller!  F**k You Arizona!  F**k You TJ McConnnell!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/16/2014 6:50 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/16/2014 7:09 pm  #2

Re: Selection Sunday!!!!!!

March Sadness on the Bluff, and we're the Bluffees. I hope Pitt has to picks its teeth off the floor in the first round too.

3/16/2014 7:15 pm  #3

ED, I've already told you I am over the hating Pitt thing, I just thinks it makes us look more asinine than our inept program manages to do, but that's just me.

Hey, how about we turn the clock back 20 years to 1994 and someone makes the following bold prediciton:  In 2014, the Big East will put 4 teams in the Big Dance and the Atlantic 10 will putt 6 teams in!

How would that make you feel about the future of our program? 

Sad, utterly pathetic!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/16/2014 7:42 pm  #4

ElDuque wrote:

March Sadness on the Bluff, and we're the Bluffees. I hope Pitt has to picks its teeth off the floor in the first round too.

El D let it go. Hail to Pitt wvu Bobby Mo they just get it. Duquesne under our beloved AD is just tuff to root for. Love the University father Hogan yes Charlie has done a great job but our boy is toxic. Google the cbs Everhart  letter very Catholic indeed! Karma El D Karma.

3/16/2014 8:46 pm  #5

EAT <RHYMES WITH PITT> PITT!

3/17/2014 7:08 am  #6

Why hate Pitt? They are no longer our rivals, except to the gray hairs on this site. You have to win once in a while for it to be a rivalry. Most Duquesne students have probably been to the Pete more times than they have Palumbo. Build a better team and maybe Selection Sunday would be something to get excited about. Til then, there is always the CBI.

3/17/2014 8:51 am  #7

ElDuque wrote:

DITTO

3/17/2014 10:47 am  #8

Ditto.  Us getting upset over Pitt is the same as Pitt getting upset over Penn State football.  We are not in the same league or on the same level as Pitt.  That ended 20 years ago at least.  Whether it is attendance, facilities, money put into the program (though that has improved), or competition.  We need to get over that.  I don't want to be like the old or some new Pitt fans who think they are on the same level as PSU football in terms of players, $$ inthe program, and especially attendance.  Heck, Pitt couldn't even have a spring game - had to cancel due to lack of interest.  (and  no, I did not go to PSU but I live in PGH and am tired of hearing them whine.) We can't even have a beginning of the year practice with more than 100 people there.  Notice there are no more emails sent out to meet with the coach and his staff to go over strategy, the program, etc.
There is not interest because our basketball team is terrible.

3/17/2014 11:23 am  #9

I'm a no-hair who sat courtside when we beat Pitt in the '80 NIT.

IMHO, you can't be a Duquesne fan and NOT hate Pitt, or Bobby Mo, which is why the state of the program is an embarrassment.

I don't want to hear the silliness about what folks think constitues a rivalry. The Yankees were the Red Sox' "Daddy" for the better part of a Century and you couldn't have a more heated rivalry before, during or after. I want every DU coach, player and fan to live and die by that.

3/17/2014 11:30 am  #10

If you are around their fans enough (alums, casual fans, media), you can find plenty of reasons to hate on pitt whether your school can compete with them or not.

3/17/2014 11:38 am  #11

ElDuque wrote:

IMHO, you can't be a Duquesne fan and NOT hate Pitt, or Bobby Mo, which is why the state of the program is an embarrassment.

I don't want to hear the silliness about what folks think constitues a rivalry. The Yankees were the Red Sox' "Daddy" for the better part of a Century and you couldn't have a more heated rivalry before, during or after. I want every DU coach, player and fan to live and die by that.

Rivalries can fade away, and new one can be born. Steelers/Browns used to be one of the 3 or 4 best rivalries in the NFL. No one cares now. Steelers/Ravens is aguably the league's top rivalry now, and it didn't exist 20 years ago. Georgetown/Syracuse was nothing 40 years ago. UCLA/ND used to be one of the biggest games of the year. You never hear about it now.

3/17/2014 8:30 pm  #12

The Ravens used to be the Cleveland Browns. Notre Dame never figured out what its basketball program wanted to be, and 'Cuse-G'town is the product of league play, although many of the great BE rivalries of the past 30-something years will disappear.

Duquesne-Villanova used to be pretty intense, for that matter.

But DU-Pitt should have the intensity of any big rivalry. It's our (Duquesne's) fault it has fizzled out. The way to get it back is to blow their rear ends off the court one night and talk crap about it in the media the next day.

Of course, we have to beat Bobby Mo first ...

3/18/2014 4:57 am  #13

WashPaRick wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

DITTO

So juvenile, and frankly embarassing to anyone who is proud of their Duquesne University education. I would expect this type of comment to more likely come from a WVU alumnus.

3/18/2014 6:11 am  #14

You need a sense of humor, and a sense of history, to get it. I will not apologize to anyone who doesn't get it, and it.

3/18/2014 10:11 am  #15

ElDuque wrote:

You're wrong. Look at the Browns-Steelers. Browns no longer the big rivalry it once was because Cleveland stinks. Now, it's the Ravens. No one would doubt that. You have to be a threat to be a rivalry. Some carry it from the past but that has changed. We are no longer a threat to Pitt. Or Robert Morris now.

3/18/2014 10:49 am  #16

Again, as a point of history, the Ravens once WERE the Browns. And many great rivalries have been great rivalries for decades regardless of won-loss records. Your perspective is way too narrow if you don't understand this.

Board footera