Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2014 8:29 am  #1

NIT Picking

From today's READING EAGLE (PA)

NIT-PICKING       On this day in 1955, San Francisco beat La Salle 77-63 for the NCAA men's basketball title — and Duquesne beat Dayton 70-58 for the NIT championship. Yes, there was a time when the NIT mattered.
Copyright Reading Eagle Company

3/19/2014 10:06 am  #2

Re: NIT Picking

I was minus-three years of age at the time.

3/19/2014 12:59 pm  #3

Speaking of the NIT.  After Ferry and our AD get done driving out to Oakland and speaking with their head coach and athletic folks about their basketball program, maybe they can then take a ride to Moon Township and Visit Robert Morris.  Please ask their AD and coach the following:
1.  How were you able to recruit versatile players
2.  How were you able to move your program from 3rd in the city to 2nd
3.  What should we do next.

After beatnig a St. Johns I don't want to hear how they are good because their conference is weaker than ours.  Yes, their conference is - and Yes - they as a program are MUCH stronger than ours.

Last edited by FAM (3/19/2014 12:59 pm)

3/19/2014 3:40 pm  #4

FAM wrote:

Speaking of the NIT.  After Ferry and our AD get done driving out to Oakland and speaking with their head coach and athletic folks about their basketball program, maybe they can then take a ride to Moon Township and Visit Robert Morris.  Please ask their AD and coach the following:

After beatnig a St. Johns I don't want to hear how they are good because their conference is weaker than ours.  Yes, their conference is - and Yes - they as a program are MUCH stronger than ours.

Uh, we did have a better win than St. John's this year. Just sayin'!

3/22/2014 9:36 am  #5

duq81 wrote:

FAM wrote:

No, we didn't!  We beat a top ten team in a regular season game who was riding a long win streak. Remember Bob Prince's Rule of Hidden Vigorish?  Everything went right for us and most things went wrong for St. Louis.  Then our real team showed up in a conference tournament loss, with an absolutely disgraceful performance.

Bobby Mo has now knocked off two top name teams IN A POST SEASON tournament in consecutive years.  One regular season win from a 13 win team doesn't even come close.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/22/2014 12:04 pm  #6

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

FAM wrote:

No, we didn't!  We beat a top ten team in a regular season game who was riding a long win streak. Remember Bob Prince's Rule of Hidden Vigorish?  Everything went right for us and most things went wrong for St. Louis.  Then our real team showed up in a conference tournament loss, with an absolutely disgraceful performance.

Bobby Mo has now knocked off two top name teams IN A POST SEASON tournament in consecutive years.  One regular season win from a 13 win team doesn't even come close.

St John's isn't close to being a top name team. They haven't been that since Louie retired. They are nearly as much of a has been as DePaul. As for post season, St. John's was sleepwalking for most of that game. The NIT probably means less to them than the CBI does to us, and they were embarrassed to be playing RMU in it.

3/22/2014 6:52 pm  #7

They were more embarrassed when it was over. Just like Kentucky last year. I hope, if we're fortunate enough to get to the NIT next year, that we win it. If we sleepwalk as a team through any game, I will be embarrassed for the program.

Board footera