Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2014 9:05 pm  #1

3/24/2014 9:34 pm  #2

Re: Women going to the NIT ... again

The Dukes were eliminated tonight by Michigan. 

3/25/2014 4:31 pm  #3

Re: Women going to the NIT ... again

So that is the end for two highly successful  players in Wumi and Orsi.  Both contributed greatly to the Duquesne Program,  winning 20 or more games every year;  making the NIT repeatedly.  This was a major accomplishment for a program that never saw those results in the past.  I wish them well in their future pursuits.  I know they will be hard to replace.
That said, I'm not sure what went wrong with the team this season.  Several blown leads in games early in the season in games that would have greatly improved their resume for the NCAA.  The team seemed to run out of gas late in games, and just couldn't reverse momentum when it started to turn to the the opposition.  Then they got off to a great start in the A-10 only to collapse in the second half of the league schedule, and never recovered the rest of the way.  In general the team really struggled to score; especially late in games.  I don't know if fatigue played a role, or just a lack of shooters on the team.  I know the goal was to make the NCAA tourney, and that wasn't accomplished; so I suppose  the team is disappoined with the result; but still good to win 20 games again.  Hopefully the coaches can rebuild a team that can reach that goal in the future.

Board footera