Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2014 9:25 am  #1

Pgh area teams and Players/Coaches in NCAA's

Now I don't want to start haters screaming on this board but it is nice to watch Sean Miller and Ryan ( Archie) Miller having success, two of Blackhawks finest. West Liberty is playing for D2 title today with two W Pa kids contributing. TJ McConnell, the Duquesne transfer, helped turn the game around with a late steal and feed to Arizona star guard who after being held scoreless tallied the final 15 points to seal a Great Eight Advancement.

I know he left the Dukes, but think of it, have you ever left a job for a better one? I have.

He can flat out play at that level, and as the Aussies say, "Good on you, McConnell"

A diehard fan since 1961

3/29/2014 3:43 pm  #2

Re: Pgh area teams and Players/Coaches in NCAA's

It is nice to have something to root FOR this year. Unlike most years, where all we have is to root AGAINST Pitt.

3/29/2014 5:22 pm  #3

Phildog wrote:

Now I don't want to start haters screaming on this board but it is nice to watch Sean Miller and Ryan ( Archie) Miller having success, two of Blackhawks finest. West Liberty is playing for D2 title today with two W Pa kids contributing. TJ McConnell, the Duquesne transfer, helped turn the game around with a late steal and feed to Arizona star guard who after being held scoreless tallied the final 15 points to seal a Great Eight Advancement.

I know he left the Dukes, but think of it, have you ever left a job for a better one? I have.

He can flat out play at that level, and as the Aussies say, "Good on you, McConnell"

I remember RE gave him an offer as a frosh in HS people thought he was crazy. Oh yeah how about RMU men hockey vs. #1 Minnesota. Go Bobby's

3/29/2014 5:34 pm  #4

Phildog wrote:

I'm more interested in how the visits of the JUCOs went than ANY of this.

My only concern is how Duquesne is going to get to be good enough to be playing in the tournament.

3/29/2014 6:10 pm  #5

ElDuque wrote:

Phildog wrote:

I'm more interested in how the visits of the JUCOs went than ANY of this.

My only concern is how Duquesne is going to get to be good enough to be playing in the tournament.

Sad. You must not enjoy basketball.

3/29/2014 10:10 pm  #6

Well. What started as a well intentioned post was taken over by a troll. 

Well how is this. Both Millers lost.  And TJ crapped his pants in OT. 

Now that makes me happy!

3/29/2014 10:22 pm  #7

2-10, only 2 assists , missed a shot for the lead . Do I feel bad?  !!!
I'll sleep good tonight.

3/29/2014 10:31 pm  #8

I thought TJ forced way too many possessions down the stretch.  Agreed with you on the statline and reaction duq81.

While I enjoyed the Wisconsin win, I am with ED here...it means a lot more how the JUCO visits went than how Western PA players are playing.  The Dayton game meant a lot more as far as conference representation and respect even to me...

3/30/2014 7:24 am  #9

rogabee wrote:

I thought TJ forced way too many possessions down the stretch.  Agreed with you on the statline and reaction duq81.

While I enjoyed the Wisconsin win, I am with ED here...it means a lot more how the JUCO visits went than how Western PA players are playing.  The Dayton game meant a lot more as far as conference representation and respect even to me...

I hope that y'all right and these JUCO's can get us to the next level....being a 0.500 team in the middle of the A10.

3/30/2014 8:16 am  #10

Duke2017 wrote:

rogabee wrote:

I hope that y'all right and these JUCO's can get us to the next level....being a 0.500 team in the middle of the A10.

That's not the next level we were supposed to be at. RE NIT YEAR 3!

3/30/2014 8:24 am  #11

While I'm over TJ moving on, and can understand the reason for doing so, he now has to take the good with the bad.  At least when Duquesne loses, they don't riot in the streets.  Come to think of it, it's probably a good thing, because there probably wouldn't be any Pittsburgh left standing, given the Duke's won/loss record.

3/30/2014 12:53 pm  #12

I will never be over TJ moving on. Loyalty is virtue that I value greatly, and he, his father and family failed the loyalty test. Their egos took over and they selfishly thought only of themselves, not Ron Everhart or Duquesne. There are those who justify TJ's move by pointing out that he would never be able to enjoy the success he has had if he had stayed here. We all know this is true. But isn't the true test of loyalty the loyalty that is shown when you sacrifice yourself or something that is important to you. Most players transfer because they want to go somewhere to get more playing time. TJ transferred because in his and his father's mind, Duquesne was not good enough for them -  though it was good enough when he committed. And that is why I could care less about him or Arizona or the fact that he and Sean Miller come from the Pittsburgh area.

3/30/2014 6:20 pm  #13

Scotchngars wrote:

Duke2017 wrote:

rogabee wrote:

That's not the next level we were supposed to be at. RE NIT YEAR 3!

You mean playing for the A-10 championship game against Temple without the students or pep band!!!! Gee wiz these 2 juco's are program builders.

Board footera