Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2014 4:39 pm  #1

Twymond Howard verbals to.....

..Tennessee-Martin.  Wait what?! Yep we lost Juco wing from utep to a college I never heard of.     Per Jon Rothstein of cbssports

3/31/2014 5:39 pm  #2

Re: Twymond Howard verbals to.....

To be fair, the Skyhawks play in the vaunted Ohio Valley Conference.  We can't expect to win these type of recruiting battles when big time programs get involved.  

Last edited by Simms (3/31/2014 5:39 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/31/2014 6:59 pm  #3

Tennessee Ernie Martin. Sister school to Gomer and Goober Pyle.

3/31/2014 7:30 pm  #4

Maybe he could not get in after all he is a JUCO. Duquesne is a tier one school.My concern is has it come down to recruiting JUCOs? If so it s all about saving someones job & Im not talking about coach Ferry. How sad 

3/31/2014 7:49 pm  #5

Ironduke81 wrote:

Maybe he could not get in after all he is a JUCO. Duquesne is a tier one school.My concern is has it come down to recruiting JUCOs? If so it s all about saving someones job & Im not talking about coach Ferry. How sad 

When have we not recruited JUCOs? Baldonado and Asholu were jucos. So was Elijah Palmer, who was probably the best player Nee had. James Hargrove, Ricky Lopes. Duquesne can't afford to overlook any source of potential talent.

3/31/2014 8:38 pm  #6

Dominique McKoy is our best JUCO success (yes, I know he played a year at URI) since Hargrove, the pride of Paterson NJ (land of Lou Costello).

3/31/2014 8:41 pm  #7

duq81 wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

When have we not recruited JUCOs? Baldonado and Asholu were jucos. So was Elijah Palmer, who was probably the best player Nee had. James Hargrove, Ricky Lopes. Duquesne can't afford to overlook any source of potential talent.

You are correct my bad! Program building? Losing out to Dolly Parton University of the vaunted Ohio Valley conference. Please.

3/31/2014 9:32 pm  #8

ElDuque wrote:

Dominique McKoy is our best JUCO success (yes, I know he played a year at URI) since Hargrove, the pride of Paterson NJ (land of Lou Costello).

Elijah Palmer had a very good senior year here, but considering how well McCoy played as a junior, I expect his senior year to be better than Palmers.

3/31/2014 9:34 pm  #9

Ironduke81 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

You are correct my bad! Program building? Losing out to Dolly Parton University of the vaunted Ohio Valley conference. Please.

Do you know that this guy was offered?

4/01/2014 2:44 pm  #10

I think this was just another April Fools joke; only a day early!

4/01/2014 6:34 pm  #11

Kid decided to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Nothing wrong with that Maybe if Notice and Castro felt the same way we might have landed one of them last year.

4/02/2014 8:56 am  #12

WashPaRick wrote:

Kid decided to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Nothing wrong with that Maybe if Notice and Castro felt the same way we might have landed one of them last year.

You could be right about his motivation for choosing UTM; he may have been concerned with playing time at Duquesne.  One thing about JC transfers is that if they are wise, they will choose a situation where they can play immediately, since they only have two years remaining.
Castro, is an interesting case, he must have really struggled at Butler, maybe just couldn't handle the surroundings in the Midwest, and made up his mind early to look elsewhere.  I haven't heard where he is going yet. Did anyone hear anything on his destination?

Board footera