Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2014 6:37 pm  #1

Off topic - 104.7.

I was reading a Voy message board that is pretty reliable about Pittaburgh Radio and TV. It seems that 104.7 is switching to a country music station. The yakkers on 104.7 will be moving to 970. It is a rumor but this site is usually spot on with this stuff.

http://www.voy.com/187343/

There is a thread about it. I wonder what impact that will have on DU games.

Also a really crazy thread about everyone's favorite nut job Colin Dunlap attacking a 93.7 sports anchor and fill In host John Phillips with a series of nasty direct twitter messages. The thread is also on that site with John Phillips tweets about Dunlap.

Dunlap seems to be one mentally distrubed person.

Last edited by duqkurt (7/31/2014 7:44 am)

7/30/2014 7:29 pm  #2

Re: Off topic - 104.7.

duqkurt wrote:

I was reading a Voy message board that is pretty reliable about Pittaburgh Radio and TV. It seems that 104.7 is switching to a country music station. The yakkers on 104.7 will be moving to 970. It is a rumor but this site is usually spot on with this stuff.

http://www.voy.com/187343/

There is a thread about it. I wonder what impact that will have on DU games.

Also a really crazy thread about everyone's favorite nut job Colin Dunlap attacking a 93.7 sports anchor and fill In host John Phillips with a series of nasty direct twitter messages. The thread is also on that site with John Phillips tweets about Dunlap.

Dunlap seems to one mentally distrubed person.

Those of us who ran the old Voy board could tell you some things.

7/30/2014 8:16 pm  #3

I remember you guys mentioning it here.   While I primarily posted that about 104.7, I thought you all would be interested in Dunlap.

8/08/2014 9:28 am  #4

104.7 changed to country music today.   The talk yakkers moved on 104.7 to moved to 1320.   ESPN970 still around for now. 

8/08/2014 11:24 am  #5

13Q is a talk station now? Man, I used to win a record album every couple of weeks from those guys!

8/08/2014 3:58 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

13Q is a talk station now? Man, I used to win a record album every couple of weeks from those guys!

LOL! Jackson Armstrong, who was the lead dj there is the greatest dj ever.

http://user.pa.net/~ejjeff/13qstart.htm

8/08/2014 4:34 pm  #7

We had such an advantage winning those contests because we had push button phones while much of Pittsburgh was rotary dial. One DJ would always say the winner was from Doo-qwes-nee. My roommate and I used to battle for control of the station at night; he would want 13Q, I could tune in WABC in New York (Cousin Brucie). ABC is a talk station now, so I guess losing 13Q to talk is just part of that. Thanks for a moment of nostalgia.

8/08/2014 9:04 pm  #8

Jack Bogut and Bill Cardille (who was in his 80's) both lost their jobs in the format switch at 1320.  They were a music of your life station.  Rush L and Sean H move from a powerful FM station to small AM.  Proof of the decline of that brand of talk.

Board footera