Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2014 10:01 am  #1

Derrick Colter battled cancer

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=11489447&src=desktop

Bleep the basketball part; I will be rooting my rear end off for this kid.

9/09/2014 10:37 am  #2

Re: Derrick Colter battled cancer

This puts things in perspective.  Derrick and his family are amazing people of faith and courage. 

9/09/2014 11:19 am  #3

Amazing! Obviously he comes from a very good family. Coach Ferry comes off really good here as well.

9/09/2014 11:56 am  #4

Best wishes and prayers to Derrick and his family.   And a great job by Coach Ferry.

9/09/2014 1:12 pm  #5

Best wishes to DC for total remission. Through ups and downs on the court he has always battled to the end and through that quiet, inner fight he perseveres in this much more important fight off the court.

9/09/2014 2:04 pm  #6

Thank God the trainer made the right call from the very beginning. For all we know, he may have saved the kid's life.

9/09/2014 3:34 pm  #7

great story. that kid is a fighter! A real role model..

el duque-- i know vic the trainer personally, as he was once my trainer, and I couldnt think of a better guy to have on the sidelines for the dukes watching over them and taking care of him. they are very lucky indeed to have him

9/09/2014 5:15 pm  #8

Watching him play ball for the last couple of years, I always got the impression he was a pretty tough kid.  Little did I know how tough!  What a great role model he and his family are; He makes Duquesne proud and proves that character does exist sports. 

9/09/2014 6:48 pm  #9

What a great article. A testament to the wonderful person Derrick is. And finally a positive thread on this site. I commend those who have acknowledged the perspective and bounderies this story transcends.

9/09/2014 7:06 pm  #10

This is an example of great parents, along with tough committed young men. Both are examples of true leaders and an inspiration to all. It's impressive that DC is now going to be an advocate for young kids. All the best to him and his family, great job Vic and JF! 

9/10/2014 9:06 am  #11

Best wishes to DC.  What a determined young man; glad he's on our side.  It certainly helped that he had a great support system in his parents, family, church and the Dukes' basketball coaches/teammates.  Pretty amazing that he was performing at a high level during summer league shortly after his treatment ended and was declared cancer free. 

9/10/2014 10:24 am  #12

Just wanted to add as other have said, major kudos to Vic Bauer.    Great job! 

Board footera