Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2014 6:03 pm  #1

Last Year for Ferry and Amodio - If we were so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Though I can't stand Pitt, I now know how they feel about their AD and how he has ruined their football program (which I could care less about.)  Mr. Amodio, you have ruined our men's basketball program because you fought with Ron E. like a little boy.  You fired him which is your call, but you did it BEFORE you landed a quality coach.  You wanted the coach from Akron and he didn't want you.  So, you got someone else who was never your top choice and it was a mistake.  Coach Ferry, YOU CAN'T HACK IT IN THIS LEAGUE!  You don't have the coaching skill.  After this contract you will become an assistant somewhere or a head coach at a small program.  Our fans like Pitt's, seldom turn out for games, could care less about the program, and can't even fill up the Palumbo at 50%.  What is sad is that I don't know if the President even cares.  As a season ticket holder, I don't even want to go to the games.  Coach Ferry, you were a hiring mistake.  Amodio, it was YOUR mistake!  I haven't been this angry since the Nee days.

12/13/2014 6:05 pm  #2

Re: Last Year for Ferry and Amodio - If we were so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Oh, btw, I don't want anyone to tell me that we shouldn't have beat them this year.  I believe that this year our players were better and their whole team is down...probably the only reason I belived we should have won.  There was a time when this was a pretty sure win.  Great for them - their program has gone up and ours has gone down!!

Last edited by FAM (12/13/2014 6:06 pm)

12/13/2014 6:09 pm  #3

Amodio was, has been and is the reason for all of this.   I think that he is getting his just deserts for the leaking of the letter. 

He better being calling his X friends.  Cause he better need a job.

I think we should flood the coaches show this Wednesday calling for GA dismissal.

12/13/2014 6:13 pm  #4

duqkurt wrote:

Amodio was, has been and is the reason for all of this. I think that he is getting his just deserts for the leaking of the letter.

He better being calling his X friends. Cause he better need a job.

I think we should flood the coaches show this Wednesday calling for GA dismissal.

LOL! I don't know if we'll be able to get through all of the Pitt folks calling for Steve Pederson's head. Maybe we can save money by putting them both in the same cab to the airport, and splitting the fare. On second thought, a cab might be too good for them. Someone call them a jitney.

12/13/2014 6:24 pm  #5

The apathy is so bad it won't happen.  But Ferry is a BUST!  If you go to the athletic web-site all of his coaches have their emails on their except his...maybe he doesn't have the "   "  to post his.  I just hope the President cares.  Welcome back Danny Nee Era #2.  Though the attendance is bad as it is, for those of us who do go, not going will send a message for those of us left.

12/13/2014 6:28 pm  #6

duqkurt wrote:

Amodio was, has been and is the reason for all of this. I think that he is getting his just deserts for the leaking of the letter.

He better being calling his X friends. Cause he better need a job.

Nope, this is Duquesne.  Can Ferry with three years left and him owed almost 2 million? No way!  Can Amodio and eat whatever remains of his salary, Nope?  We'll start the rebuilding process in three years, and by that time, this board, and the Palumbo Center will be a complete ghost town!

I'm done this year. I'll probablly check in here and there in January, just to see how bad things have gotten, but I don't care to watch another minute of this trainwreck! Didn't even watch the second half today!

Pull the plug. I'm done!

Edit:  In a private conversation with a member of this board I commented how few people care about this program, and theproof is right here.  We have gone from over 50 regular posters back in the VOY board, and that was back in the Danny Nee days to probably less than 20 actives on this site. I just checked the Yuku board and its a complete ghost town, no posts since Wednesday!  This breaks my heart almost as much as the two men currently responsible for wrecking this program, or today's game in which they were never ever competive for even one minute! So Sad!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (12/13/2014 6:36 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/13/2014 6:32 pm  #7

FAM wrote:

The apathy is so bad it won't happen.  But Ferry is a BUST!  If you go to the athletic web-site all of his coaches have their emails on their except his...maybe he doesn't have the "   "  to post his.  I just hope the President cares.  Welcome back Danny Nee Era #2.  Though the attendance is bad as it is, for those of us who do go, not going will send a message for those of us left.

Don't go send a message return your tickets 500 per game should get results. Can't be a cheerleader & support Amodios mess. This is an all-time low for a once proud program.Karma indeed!

12/13/2014 6:43 pm  #8

Ironduke1981 wrote:

FAM wrote:

Don't go send a message return your tickets 500 per game should get results. Can't be a cheerleader & support Amodios mess. This is an all-time low for a once proud program.Karma indeed!

This is a great idea.  I think that returning tix will get their attention

12/13/2014 6:54 pm  #9

I was planning on going Wednesday...not now.  Maybe if we go from out wonderfull attendance of 1,500 down to the Need days of a padded 500 someone will wake up.  I think I am NOT going to send my tix back because they will probably give them out to little kids in the city!!!  I would rather keep them, not use them, and ensure that the seats remain empty.

Last edited by FAM (12/13/2014 6:55 pm)

12/13/2014 7:01 pm  #10

FAM wrote:

I was planning on going Wednesday...not now.  Maybe if we go from out wonderfull attendance of 1,500 down to the Need days of a padded 500 someone will wake up.  I think I am NOT going to send my tix back because they will probably give them out to little kids in the city!!!  I would rather keep them, not use them, and ensure that the seats remain empty.

We've reached strange times FAM when we decide to keep our tickets so they don't get given out to poor children, in order to make a point about the direction of our basketball program.    Not criticizing you, I understand your point.  It's just kind of funny, that is all.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/13/2014 8:12 pm  #11

Haven't the poor kids suffered enough?   Send them some place fun.  They are already poor.  Why force them to watch bad basketball.

12/13/2014 9:08 pm  #12

Good point Tejas...but duqkurt gets the prize for the best post this year!!  In fact, since Congress stopped the CIA torture program maybe we can send them our tickets and then take those people to the Palumbo. If I wasn't laughing so hard over duqkurt's. Post I would be cryin. Ferry can't coach and Amodio ruined the program.

12/14/2014 5:45 am  #13

I'm hoping to "take the prize away from Duqkirt as best post of the year"

Each year one of the best columns in the Post Gazette is when Gene Collier writes his "Trite Cliche of the Year" for the most overrated useless cliche.

Here's hoping this years cliche will be one that can apply to Duquesne Athletics and we may be reading how "Greg Amodio and/or Jim Ferry have been "relieved of their duties and are being offered other positions within the organization"

I DO find it interesting that Ron Cook has pretty much called for Steve Pederson's ouster at Pitt should Paul Chryst accept the job at Wisconsin -  at least their football program is mediocre -  their basketball program has been really solid and somehow he pulled them out of the "sinking ship" that was the Big East into a "safe harbor" that is the ACC.

FOUR years into his tenure - and with Three recruiting classes of his own - and we're NOT EVEN COMPETETIVE with Robert Morris??   OUCH!!!!!

12/14/2014 8:23 am  #14

SkepticAl wrote:

Each year one of the best columns in the Post Gazette is when Gene Collier writes his "Trite Cliche of the Year" for the most overrated useless cliche.

Here's hoping this years cliche will be one that can apply to Duquesne Athletics and we may be reading how "Greg Amodio and/or Jim Ferry have been "relieved of their duties and are being offered other positions within the organization"

I DO find it interesting that Ron Cook has pretty much called for Steve Pederson's ouster at Pitt should Paul Chryst accept the job at Wisconsin -  at least their football program is mediocre -  their basketball program has been really solid and somehow he pulled them out of the "sinking ship" that was the Big East into a "safe harbor" that is the ACC.

FOUR years into his tenure - and with Three recruiting classes of his own - and we're NOT EVEN COMPETETIVE with Robert Morris??   OUCH!!!!!

This is Ferry's third year, not fourth, but point well taken. I think the talent on the team is better than the results. I think the coaching itself is the worst since Edgar. I didn't really care for RE's system (I'll always feel that he squandered his best team in year 2 by playing the wrong system), but you always felt like you knew what he was trying to do, even when it didn't work well. Nee, and DAP just didn't recruit well enough to win. Carroll never really impressed me with his x and o's, but in hindsight, it was a huge mistake to fire him when we did.

Next year's team is going to have a lot of talent, but does anyone have confidence in Ferry's ability to coach it? If he would put his big team on the floor, and stick with them, this would be a dangerous team by February.
Get Mason away from the point. Two games in a row with no assists. He's becoming discombobulated there. Get him back to where he's comfortable.

12/14/2014 9:39 am  #15

duq81 wrote:

Next year's team is going to have a lot of talent, but does anyone have confidence in Ferry's ability to coach it? If he would put his big team on the floor, and stick with them, this would be a dangerous team by February.
Get Mason away from the point. Two games in a row with no assists. He's becoming discombobulated there. Get him back to where he's comfortable.

I wouldn't count on that!  If this season turns into, what sadly, it really looks like it's turning into, Danny Nee Part II, then the players will be heading for the exits. Watch for the transfers to come and then it's back to square 1.  If there is a mass exodus after a  6 win season, then they will have no choice but to fire both GA and Ferry.

Of course.  I am on record and will stick to it!  Ferry is my last chance with this program.  I'm not waiting 50 years to see a team in the Dance. I have better things to do with my time.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/14/2014 11:41 am  #16

Cook is calling for Pederson to be fired because as poor as Pitt's footbal program is, they are still relevant.  We haven't been relevant since RE left.  Why even waste the ink.  In regards to them getting fired, I don't know if the President or powers that be care enough about DU basketball either.  It's like Our University has survived without a program so long, does it really matter?  
-I will be surprised if anyone let's you get through on the radio program to voice your displeasure.
-If you do, Ferry will blame his players, not himself
-I appreciate the posting of the phone number but CAN ANYONE FIND THE EXACT EMAIL OF THE PRESIDENT OF DUQUESNE?  Believe me, if every person on this board emals HIM about their displeasure he will at least notice.  Can someone find it?  I can't.
-There is "THE GUY" who gives lots of money, I think he is from FP Dean dealership, but not sure.  He is at all of the away games behind the bench and sits on the floor for home games.  Can we get his name and #, though something tells me he is a BLIND FOLLOWER.

Last edited by FAM (12/14/2014 11:42 am)

12/14/2014 12:48 pm  #17

FAM wrote:

Cook is calling for Pederson to be fired because as poor as Pitt's footbal program is, they are still relevant.  We haven't been relevant since RE left.  Why even waste the ink.  In regards to them getting fired, I don't know if the President or powers that be care enough about DU basketball either.  It's like Our University has survived without a program so long, does it really matter?  
-I will be surprised if anyone let's you get through on the radio program to voice your displeasure.
-I appreciate the posting of the phone number but CAN ANYONE FIND THE EXACT EMAIL OF THE PRESIDENT OF DUQUESNE?  Believe me, if every person on this board emals HIM about their displeasure he will at least notice.  Can someone find it?  I can't.
-There is "THE GUY" who gives lots of money, I think he is from FP Dean dealership, but not sure.  He is at all of the away games behind the bench and sits on the floor for home games.  Can we get his name and #, though something tells me he is a BLIND FOLLOWER.

We haven't been relevant since Red retired.

12/14/2014 2:14 pm  #18

FAM wrote:

Our University has survived without a program so long, does it really matter?  
-I appreciate the posting of the phone number but CAN ANYONE FIND THE EXACT EMAIL OF THE PRESIDENT OF DUQUESNE?  Believe me, if every person on this board emals HIM about their displeasure he will at least notice.  Can someone find it?  .

On point one.  That is the mentality of the University or we wouldn't be facing 35+ years of this.  They should just cut all sports and stop wasting money.

I doubt they will take calls as well.  Especially after reading the boards.

Finally, the president is not going to see or answer emails from regular folks.  They will all be filtered.  If there were numerous emails, he might get a summary of what they say.

Last edited by duqkurt (12/14/2014 2:21 pm)

12/14/2014 4:33 pm  #19

duq81 wrote:

FAM wrote:

We haven't been relevant since Red retired.

This was a long time ago with Red but every time I went to an arena game I expected a win and most time Duquesne did.

A diehard fan since 1961

12/15/2014 9:57 am  #20

The women beat Robert Morris...maybe we are following the wrong team...and I mean that seriously.

12/15/2014 10:10 am  #21

I appreciate the posting of the phone number but CAN ANYONE FIND THE EXACT EMAIL OF THE PRESIDENT OF DUQUESNE?  

Dr. Dougherty's personal assistant. She has emailed me and spoken to me in the past.

mcintyre@duq.edu

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/15/2014 10:44 am  #22

Thanks...Another path, I have emailed this site to one of the newspaper writers hoping it will stir a story..not sure if it will, but it can't hurt as the program is falling apart.

12/15/2014 7:51 pm  #23

I received a reply from the newspaper writer and I won't divulge it here but it was nice getting a reply.  He is aware.  My request is that you email Dr. Dougherty's personal assistant above and ask her to send your concerns about the program to the President.  This is and will help, but you have to participate.  
Thanks, 
fam

12/16/2014 9:45 am  #24

Tejas provided  (thanks)

Mcintyre@duq.edu

Please, if you want to make a difference, e-mail and ask it to be forwarded to the President.  Just give facts and how the program has gone down hill.  He will listen.

Last edited by FAM (12/16/2014 9:48 am)

12/16/2014 11:05 am  #25

FAM wrote:

Tejas provided  (thanks)

Mcintyre@duq.edu

Please, if you want to make a difference, e-mail and ask it to be forwarded to the President.  Just give facts and how the program has gone down hill.  He will listen.

No he won't. (At the risk of making some eyes roll here, because I promised not to bring that topic up again)  when I wrote my letter a few years ago, she and I talked for about ten minutes. She promised that my letter would get read and I would get some kind of official response.  As I said before I never expected any of the major players to talk or respond to me personally, but the fact that I still had no lower level member of the administration or the Atheletic Department acknowledge me, even after her word that someone would do so, speaks volumes as to the way things are on the Bluff.

Just yesterday I called alumni relations and requested that my name be stricken from the list for all emails and beg letters!  I told them when they could put me back on!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera