Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2015 6:36 pm  #1

Post of the day, on the Pitt board no less.

Someone asked why Ben Howland wasn't coaching, and where he might go. A poster mentioned Duquesne (obviously tongue in cheek). The responses were spot on.
[quote888]Originally posted by ameoba defense:
[quote888]Originally posted by TTOWN2:
How about Duquesne!! Htp/Forever!!![/quote888]
LOL!!! I needed a good morning laugh. I couldn't imagine them coming up with the bucks they would need to land a coach like that (2 million a year). Would likely end their four decades of futility though. As they sometimes say, you have to spend money to make money. They'd have to eat about 2 million that they're wasting on Jim Ferry though. What a disaster! They pulled a Pitt/Wanny by firing Everhart, but it's blown up in their face way worse than firing Wanny did for Pitt. I was reading their board, and they hate their AD at about the same level as folks here hated Pedey. I hope the folks who are always crying about Jamie are paying attention. Yeah, Pitt's not Duquesne, but don't think that firing Jamie couldn't blow up in Pitt's face almost as badly.[/quote888]
They have been fooling their fans the same way Pitt fball has been fooling us over the years by bringing in a charade of coaches and firing them after a couple years. They're no more committed to basketball then we were to football. (Thank God for Chancellor Galagher and PN, that is now in the past). Duquesne gets all excited when they get to host the NCAA tourney. They haven't learned that you are supposed to take your team to the tourney, not bring the tourney to you.

2/08/2015 6:48 pm  #2

Re: Post of the day, on the Pitt board no less.

Interesting but nothing that hasn't been said here.  GA has always been infatuated with hosting so he could move on to his next job.   

His next job will be tweeting score updates at his beloved X.

2/08/2015 7:01 pm  #3

duqkurt wrote:

Interesting but nothing that hasn't been said here. GA has always been infatuated with hosting so he could move on to his next job.

His next job will be tweeting score updates at his beloved X.

I found it interesting, because it shows that outsiders have noticed what's going on. These are people who aren't emotionally invested in the program. They are either not fans at all, or secondary type fans who keep one eye on the program, but only really pay attention when things are going well (which of course ain't too often).

2/08/2015 7:05 pm  #4

I agree with what they say!!!!  Lol.

Board footera