Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2015 12:31 pm  #1

Tejas Duke's odd and results for the rest of the season:

With 8 games to play:

Possibility 1:  (bottom falls out scenario) Dukes fail to win another game down the stretch and end the season with 7 wins.  Team is obviously lifeless, uninspired and Ferry has obviously failed miserably. 

Chance of this happening:  5%.  There is almost no way they fail to beat at least 1 or 2 of the medicore or bottom feeders in this bunch.   Result: Amodio and Ferry are both fired! This is a clear sign that Ferry is in over his head, and/or has totally lost the team.  The few die-hards left cancel season tickets and shut their checkbooks, some permanently!

Possibilty 2:  1-3 wins.  70%  They manage to beat who they should beat. Ferry proves that he hasn't totally lost the team.  Also this depends on how they play against Dayton and the better teams.  3 win, avoids Danny Nee comparisons with single digit win totals (barely). Ferry is put on notice that he has one year, and it better be .500 or better in the A-10 and no less than .750 in the cupcake OOC schedule or he is gone, plus there better be a major shakeup among his assistants.  Amodio is fired!

Possibility 3:  4-5 Wins.  (20%)  Team beats who they should beat and steals a win against a better team or two.  Team is obviously showing improvement.  I guess Ferry can point out the fact that his teams don't collapse in February like hie predecessors did!  Ferry is still put on a short leash, and Amodio is fired!  That last one is going to be  a stickler, but either way the team regressed in win totals and took major steps backward in development. Someone has to fall on the sword and that one will be Greg!

Possibilty 4:  6-8 wins  (5%)  Nothing more can be said. This would be a miracle to end the season.  7 or 8 wins is a .500 season. and betters last year's win total.  I would add that the team somehow wins a game in the A-10 tourney.  Ferry is put on a slightly longer leash. I think this buys him at least year 5 in 16-17. This is the only scenario that I see Amodio managing to keep his job.  Although I think GA will be put on an extremely short leash and things like the media presence the radio and lack of tv coverage are issues that he is told to get onto immediatly!

Thoughts?

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (2/11/2015 12:33 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/11/2015 12:34 pm  #2

Re: Tejas Duke's odd and results for the rest of the season:

Possibly 2 and no one loses job😡

A diehard fan since 1961

2/11/2015 12:42 pm  #3

Sorry Phil, i don't see how GA can keep his job with 10 or less wins!  he was the genius that canned Ron and had no back up! this is his excrement sandwich and he has to own it!  I really think the alumni dissatisfaction is really starting to reach a boiling point!

There are already going to be less season ticket holders next year. GA's presence in any form would probably double that number.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/11/2015 1:10 pm  #4

For the team I see number 2 happening.

But I agree with Phildog.   No one loses their job.   Personally, I would have fired his *ss after him and Learfield annouced that radio deal.    I would have said "So you brought someone into manage marketing and media deals and RMU outmanuvered both of you?   You can quit now or you will be fired."   It kills me when Ray says going into a commercial  "You are listening to the Duquesne Radio Network by Learfield Sports."    Some network.   

I don't think that the Board or President will eat the money to fire GA, so they both stay.   I'll bet that if you asked any of them, they couldn't tell you what the record is or what radio station the games are on (or not on to be specific).   Even if No. 1 happens, I don't see either being fired.

I am not stating what should happen, I am stating what I believe will happen.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/11/2015 1:14 pm)

2/11/2015 1:15 pm  #5

duqkurt wrote:

For the team I see number 2 happening.

But I agree with Phildog. No one loses their job. Personally, I would have fired his *ss after him and Learfield annouced that radio deal. I would have said "So you brought someone into manage marketing and media deals and RMU outmanuvered both of you? You can quit now or you will be fired." It kills me when Ray says going into a commercial "You are listening to the Duquesne Radio Network by Learfield Sports." Some network.

I don't think that the Board or President will eat the money to fire GA, so they both stay. I'll bet that if you asked any of them, they couldn't tell you what the record is or what radio station the games are on (or not on to be specific). Even if No. 1 happens, I don't see either being fired.

I am not stating what should happen, I am stating what I believe will happen.

That would totally suck! I'm barely holding on by a thread here. Already made my vow on Ferry, but am willing to give them one more shot with GA being axed. The thought of seeing Laurel and Hardy again for another year of "unintentional" comedy!

if GA is not fired at the end of this year, then I am done!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (2/11/2015 1:17 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/11/2015 1:22 pm  #6

Whatever happens is going to be delayed because of our host duties for the NCAA tournament.   They arent going to fire him right after the end of the season, cause there is hosting to be done!!.   

And I agree it would suck.  But I am preparing myself for that now.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/11/2015 1:22 pm)

2/11/2015 5:08 pm  #7

duqkurt wrote:

Whatever happens is going to be delayed because of our host duties for the NCAA tournament. They arent going to fire him right after the end of the season, cause there is hosting to be done!!.

And I agree it would suck. But I am preparing myself for that now.

If this team crashes and burns, which is the direction it is headed, Amodio has to go.  I an sure that Dr. Dougherty realizes that this cancer is destroying the alumni base, and is smart enough to figure out that it needs to be cut out
before it continues to spreads and ruins his legacy.  If someone has Dr. D's e-mail address please let me know.  I plan on sending him an e-mail tomorrow expressing my concers.  I know some of you already have contacted him, and I would encourage others to do if you feel so inclined.

2/11/2015 6:23 pm  #8

Not to "fire" GA -  but maybe we can "assign him another position within the organization"  IF he declines we might not be on the hook for his salary --  Otherwise maybe he can go screw up in another department --  Make yourself TWO scrap books in any given year - devote ONE to all the news/articles etc about the Men's Hoops Team - devote the OTHER one to EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT DUQUESNE in the news papers - unless there is some major scandal or other major event --  DON'T YOU GET THE FEELING THE HOOPS SCRAP BOOK WOULD BE MUCH BIGGER!!  Point I'm hoping to make -  Ratio of positive news vs negative news!!

Board footera